cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I but the phone now or wait?

Journeyman

Should I but the phone now or wait?

Hi, I currently have a nextel i930 and I was thinking of the iphone but the plans are outrageous and they are having problems. My questions are the following:

1) Should I buy the Instinct now or await the software updated ones with the opera mini 4.1? Is this the way it works or not really?

2) Calls failing to come in as priority 1 seems to be the biggest issue, is this taken care of by update?

3) I currently have the $99 plan that includeds everything, why are people paying $129?

I appreciate your help guys and if you think I should know anything else before buying please let me know,

Ciao

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

From what I know of the everything plans, you only have t...

From what I know of the everything plans, you only have to have the Data Package in order to run the Instinct, because without it, you wouldn't ever be able to take full advantage of the GPS Navigation, Email, Web, TV, Radio, or searching options. I personally have a family share plan equivalent (I came from Verizon about a month ago now, sorry don't know the new terms) and we pay $129 /mo. for unlimited data and we share 1500 min a month. I personally have not had any problems as I mostly use my phone during the evenings anyways, and I don't place a lot of calls, it's mostly text or checking email etc. I have not seen any problems myself with the browser other than it having an occassional crash or having an error and having to reload the page. It really isn't that bad at all, and i'm sure here in the next few months or less that they will patch things and start coming out with new updates and software upgrades both SDK and otherwise for it. I love my Instict, everything about it is way better than the iPhone in my opinion, and i have gone in and played with the iPhone 3G with my instinct in hand to compare them. The only thing i found better was the wireless network option and the camera is better, everything else is WAY better on the Instict, most definitely the GPS is AWESOME!! I love my new Instict and i'm not going anywhere for a long time. Thanks Sprint!!

Journeyman

Re: Should I but the phone now or wait?


@carbonblackvert wrote:

Hi, I currently have a nextel i930 and I was thinking of the iphone but the plans are outrageous and they are having problems. My questions are the following:

1) Should I buy the Instinct now or await the software updated ones with the opera mini 4.1? Is this the way it works or not really?

2) Calls failing to come in as priority 1 seems to be the biggest issue, is this taken care of by update?

3) I currently have the $99 plan that includeds everything, why are people paying $129?

I appreciate your help guys and if you think I should know anything else before buying please let me know,

Ciao


Well if you are looking or needing a really great internet experiance on the phone then you might wanna wait for the update that will allow opera mini 4.1. The browser on it now works ok but does have problems. Calls as priority 1 is the biggest issue to me as well there hasn't been any talk about fixing this but there is a "self-fix" that you can do to allow calls when in data services. As for the $129 that's probably for the share plan I have that plan as well.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat