cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of sprint not knowing how to fix their phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sick of sprint not knowing how to fix their phones

I was looking under my phone information and noticed it says that my web browser was disabled so I called to find out why and they told me t hey don't know why it says that but as long as I can use the web not to worry about it. She will note the account just incase I can't get on the internet it is in the account and they can trouble shoot the phone.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately the problem here is that the Sprint employe...

Unfortunately the problem here is that the Sprint employees were probably not trained on the Instinct fully yet and they are not available to Sprint employees for purchase yet either. The biggest help to this that Sprint can be is to properly train their employees and to allow them to buy the phones and use them so that they have a basic understanding at least of what problems we have with them. It also will encourage their employees to help send feedback of the problems and desires they have for software updates etc... but the issue now is that they are trying to get the Instinct into the hands of many customers nationwide and they don't want employees buying up all the phones so that customers don't get the new hardware first. As for your particular issue, it seems that you may need to reset your phone or you may not have gotten all of the software updates or data services. I would go into the Main / Settings / Reset / and select Reset Phone. Once it's reset that will erase all downloaded software and reset back to factory settings, and reconfigure the phone back to defaults. Make sure before you do this that you use Mobile Sync and upload your contacts so you can download them back to the phone too. Once you have done that then you can re-download all of the updates after resetting your phone and re-download your PRL, Software, and Data Services to your phone so that you are up to date. Once you have done all that, power off your phone, pull the battery off for a minute or so and then put it back and power on. By that time you should be totally up to date and then you can re-configure your phone back how you want it and you're good to go. Hope that helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem is this: with this being an extremely new pho...

The problem is this: with this being an extremely new phone with a whole new set of plans accompanying it, Sprint is having to take the time to update all of its services so that the phone displays what it is provisioned with. Your browser is functional, so there is no need to be concerned with the fact that it says your web is disabled. Actually, a large number of phones never actually display all of the correct provisioning information. This problem is spread throughout all major carriers. Sprint has provided a little over 1300 of its employees with Instincts so that we may be knowledgable about the product for our customers. Just call corporate store and ask for the "Instinct Advocate." I am actually one of those people, so please feel free to contact me if you need any further help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sick of sprint not knowing how to fix their phones

Another problem might be that you don't know what you're talking about. The "web browser" does not become "disabled". I assume you saw it say "disabled" in the field where you would normally see your Power Vision user name, which usually means you haven't accessed the web to cause it to sign in, OR your service hasn't been fully provisioned yet. Might try updating your data profile every few hours if it doesn't show up eventually.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First off Bradskey it was disabled as it was on all my phones it was a problem with sprint they messed up on my account and my web and everything became disabled. So don't go and get rude and tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have been with sprint for over 10 yrs now and I know how to work my phones.

My phones were messed up and had to go to the store to get them working right. I got a free memory card from sprint since it was there fault that my phones did not work right and the lady did not look futher into it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It makes me wonder what type of world we live in where people think it's ok to be rude to complete strangers for absolutely no reason. I apologize on his behalf because I'm sure he won't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: The problem is this: with this being an extremely new pho...

Do you have any knowledge of the upcoming software update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My very uneducated, ignorant guess would be next week sometime, but obviously just a guess and no one really knows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have heard by the end of the month now. At first I heard it was going to be the middle of July. But like the prior post said no one really knows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update is slated for middle/late August. The main fea...

The update is slated for middle/late August. The main feature being the availability of the standard JVM package for an onscreen keyboard. Opera Mini... here we come!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: The update is slated for middle/late August. The main fea...

Isn't there an update due by end of month to fix the more general issues, such as the browser lockups?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat