cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what did the MR-6 actually FIX?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what did the MR-6 actually FIX?

So its been a while since I have posted to this forum, mainly because I havereally started to give up on this instinct.

My question is, What did the MR-6 fix. The Youtube Button and Facebook button still look like crap, Pandora, which I loved, no longer works.

I read that someone said their phone is running a bit smoother, but of course, mine is not. Its the same old junk as before.

Can anyone tell me exactly what MR-6 did besides give the illusion that it was doing something.

I know that Sprint KNOWS that they really bombed on this phone, and at the very least should give the instinct customers a discount for getting a different phone.

This is really sad. This phone had great potential. But it is what it is.

Write back, Id like to know what specifics it fixed.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So what did the MR-6 actually FIX?

A2DP works on the first try for me, now. However, while the track skip buttons still work, the pause buttons don't. So A2DP is better, but AVRCP is worse.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is supposed to be the list of what got fixed:

We removed the Privacy Modeoption in the settings for the Browser because it didn't work correctly....
.m4a Media files are now placed in correct media storage folder on the SD card during a Bluetooth file transfer

RSS Reader in the Web Browser has been fixed
Private Calls are no longer being assigned to ALL contacts History
Navigation from alert landing page no longer periodically crashes the application in use
Reminder Alerts in the SME calendar time now decrements appropriately on subsequent notifications when snooze function is used or the initial reminder is ignored

The release also upgrades the device to contain the new Sprint Java Open API policy with this launch there will be a consistent set of OPEN APIs for Java application developers to build across these devices.

What they didn't tell you is now the default browserrenders websites minimized, entering information
such as passwords or web addresses now only takes one click.

Good news is at least we should have another update coming for the new bugs such as contact pics randomly showing up on the speed dial page and the rest have exclamations, Pandora is currently working on a fix to get it back for us,
and the music player will require another update to allow maximum music limitation according to your sd card.
And Just maybe, they will address the real testers of this phone ( US ) concerning ...well, no need to repeat the list

Message Edited by goygacon on 06-13-2009 01:34 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@goygacon wrote:

and the music player will require another update to allow maximum music limitation according to your sd card.

Well, they did raise the limit on the player to 1183 with MR6. Woohoo!

Message Edited by deathweezel on 06-14-2009 09:37 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@deathweezel wrote:

@goygacon wrote:

What? MR6? I have a 16 gig card with 10 gig loaded that says otherwise. 1183? I'm over double that just on music...Now if they want to roll me back to the older version 2.2.39, fine...until then I've got a wasted sd card that needs reimbursement...MR6? You okay deathweezel?, lol...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My instinct was really working pretty well with MR-5, now with MR-6 it's locking up again. I really want the MR-5 software back, is that possible at a Sprint store with a hard wire? Several apps I had working pretty good are now totally screwed upThe "opens web pages minimized" sucks. Please help me get MR-5 back before I smash this phone with a hammer, I'M SERIOUS, HELP PLEASE!!! For the last three or four months I was starting to like the phone, now I'm starting to have terrible flash backs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1 step forward....5 steps back,only on the NOW network! (should be Sprints new slogan)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Based on my use, nothing. I don't see anything fixed on my use. NO SCREENLOCK. FACEBOOK BUTTON STILL JACKED UP. AND NOW PANDORA BROKEN.

Seems these updates are designed to break things more than to fix them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I`ve yet to update to MR6.
From what I`m seeing, I`ll sit this one out for now.

My question is, once this update goes "network initiated", will I be able to decline?

Message Edited by percboy on 06-14-2009 08:13 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@goygacon wrote:

@deathweezel wrote:

@goygacon wrote:

What? MR6? I have a 16 gig card with 10 gig loaded that says otherwise. 1183? I'm over double that just on music...Now if they want to roll me back to the older version 2.2.39, fine...until then I've got a wasted sd card that needs reimbursement...MR6? You okay deathweezel?, lol...

I was being a smart-*bleep*... 1183 vs. 1127 wasn't exactly the fix we were all looking for on the music player, I suspect.</p>

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lowe0 wrote:
A2DP works on the first try for me, now. However, while the track skip buttons still work, the pause buttons don't. So A2DP is better, but AVRCP is worse.
Scratch that: A2DP is broken for me again. So, just as bad as before.
Also worth noting: the S30 ships with Web Browser 1.3. MR-6 came with 1.2. So, if it's not just a cosmetic change, Sprint is holding out on updating the browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not flaming by any means...don't take it wrong...

Who is coming up with these numbers anyways, lol...

Here's one...3000...that should do it

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat