cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speech to Action - voice recording, memo recording - how?

Journeyman

Speech to Action - voice recording, memo recording - how?

On page 53 of the Instinct manual, it says that voice recording and memo recording are two possibilities of Speech to Action. Then there is no further note. I've tried every possible way I can think of, but cannot get the Instinct to record a memo to self. How can it be done?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

I can Help with that. As I have been searching as well. 1...

I can Help with that. As I have been searching as well. 1st set up a Contact with your Phone number if you haven't already I have mine set as Memo /VM Voicemail > > Select yourself (as above setup) and it will open and start to record. > Stop when done. Now if you want to send this to anyoneelse in your contacts Hit the ( + ) and add. Hit Send It will come through as a voicemail and will be listed under the contact you set up . It really works nice but haven't found a way to label each one yet

Journeyman

Re: I can Help with that. As I have been searching as well. 1...

Now, that's very clever. It is not as direct as pushing the Speech to Action button, but it does accomplish what it's intended. Since my name is already in my contacts, all I had to do was send myself a test message. Now, my name appears in the list of recent voicemail. Next time, if I need to send me a reminder, I can just click it there.

I wonder whether Sprint will add true voice recording. Why would they list it on the manual otherwise?

Thanks!

Journeyman

Re: I can Help with that. As I have been searching as well. 1...

I agree and was very please when someone found this.

I use Voice record all the time and this is a good workaround for now. I even put Voicemail in my Favs so I can one click it. I wish I could go a bit deaper and have to go right to myself and the record screen like the Texting does.

Journeyman

ImNoPrince can u please elaborate on this. I have set up...

ImNoPrince can u please elaborate on this. I have set up my number with the heading MEMO VM/Voicemail as you advise but how do you get this to record from speech to action? Maybe I have the wrong syntax or something?

Master

Re: ImNoPrince can u please elaborate on this. I have set up...

choams wrote:
ImNoPrince can u please elaborate on this. I have set up my number with the heading MEMO VM/Voicemail as you advise but how do you get this to record from speech to action? Maybe I have the wrong syntax or something?

Once you have yourself listed in contacts,

Goto "VoiceMail>Tap the + on the top>Choose Contacts on bottom, Choose your contact>It will Open,Start the Voice Memo"

So now your listed in the "VoiceMail" When you want to add a new one, Open "VoiceMail>Tap The +>Choose your Contact>It will start Recording"

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.