cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Nav won't detect correct city.

Journeyman

Sprint Nav won't detect correct city.

First off, let me say that I love the Instinct so far. The GPS and turn by turn are coming in handy big time in a new city. The one problem that bugs me though, is whenever I use the Live Search feature, it consistantly locates me in the incorrect city. I have to manually put in the correct city everytime. Isn't that the main point of GPS? I live in Fort Lauderdale, but whenever it gets my GPS position prior to searching for whatever I need, it puts me in Boca Raton or Pompano Beach, both well north of my usual location. Everything else works fine as far as the GPS goes. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

M800 BH29

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Nav won't detect correct city.

I have a similar problem. Only it won't recognize my location at all. Not even if I enter it manualy. It's very frustrating cause I hear its a great aplication/feature. But whats even more frustrating is that I wrote a thread about it and got no response from Live Search or from Sprint as to if they are even aware of the problem and or care. I guess were just not that important in Puerto Rico. I think I'm going to call and ask them to reduce my monthly fee seen how I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting. Let see what happens.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat