cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint: Why is Best Buy advertising a calendar that does not exist???

Journeyman

Sprint: Why is Best Buy advertising a calendar that does not exist???

This is really frustrating. Besides having a phone with features that don't work or are crappy (TV, for example), today's paper clearly shows a photo of an Instinct with a calendar that does not exist in our current sets. The ad even claims a "corporate calendar"? What does Sprint have to say?

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Sprint: Why is Best Buy advertising a calendar that does not exist???

I think what they said was 12/4 - but it is rather hard to keep track of dates...

Journeyman

For somebody with 411 posts, you haven't been paying much attention Egidio - circulars like Best Buy's are designed and produced months in advance. When it was produced, Sprint planned on having the calendar sync ready and its now going to be ready this week. Settle down.

Journeyman

It's hard to "settle down" when we've been given this running around for months. The Instinct calendar has been nothing but trouble from day one. Also, let's keep in mind that the 12/4 date is just a tentative date. Sprint employees have said it here themselves.

Journeyman

It's false advertising plain and simple!!! This is what I've been saying for MONTHS now! If I advertised a car with DOORS then sold you a car with NO DOORS but then said OH THE DOORS ARE COMING, HANG IN THERE, wouldn't you be PISSED!??

SPRINT, don't sell us something based on what it *might* be some day! BE HONEST ABOUT THE PEICE OF CRAP WE'RE BUYING TODAY.

Journeyman

While I'm as frustrated as anyone waiting for these updates to come. And arguably they should have been in the phone when it shipped from the start, but I don't think that this is "another" example of "false" advertising with intent to mislead.

As one poster said, these ads are made in advance of the drop date. Not months as stated but certainly weeks. So when Sprint submitted facts and features it very well may have expected these to be implemented. I know that I was expecting the calendar update around mid November. Due to testing and obviously issues that date got pushed. I'd much rather them take a little extra time QCing these updates rather than rushing them out the door to meet some store's holiday ad campaign deadline. And, BB can't be expected to pull the ad entirely and loose a lot of money due to one or more vendors not having their stuff ready. It's unfortunate, but that's business.

Also, I don't think it's like buying a car and expecting doors but when I get to the dealership it not having them. At that point I walk, I don't buy it anyway.

Agreed, it's their fault for telling me it had doors and getting me to come in. But surely anyone can see that it would be my fault to go ahead and buy the car anyway once I did get in and saw that it doesn't have what I want or they advertised.

Message Edited by jturnbow on 12-01-2008 10:54 AM

Journeyman

True, but what if everytime you called in to complain and send the car back you had a slimeball talk you into keeping it for another week, because the door installation is right around the corner? Maybe doors on a car is a bit extreme for a comparison. It's more like, you see commercials where the person has a DVD playing fine in the car for their kids, but in real life you can't get a DVD to play without it locking up. It's just a fancy feature of the car, but something that also sparked your interest in it. Do you return the car because the DVD player is freezing up, or do you listen to the slimeball salesman and trust that they will fix it in time. You think to yourself, "they HAVE to fix it soon, I mean it's wrong not to." Same situation here exactly. The TV wasn't a critical function of the phone, but nonetheless a major attraction. I had faith, as everyone did, that it would work properly by now and it DOESN'T. They sell the phone saying it has perfectly working TV, lying to everyone, only to say an update will be out soon. It's false advertising.

The calender is a big deal for people. I remember shortly after getting my phone, I was at the bar and a guy in his 50's had the same phone. He started talking to me about it. He said he was a construction manager or something and needed a phone to maintain a bunch of stuff. He asked me stuff like "hey is this broken for you too?" it was pathetic. I'd bet money the guy has switched phones by now out of sheer frustration with Sprint. Why keep a phone that inhibits your ability to do your job?

Journeyman

@iStink wrote:

It's false advertising plain and simple!!! This is what I've been saying for MONTHS now! If I advertised a car with DOORS then sold you a car with NO DOORS but then said OH THE DOORS ARE COMING, HANG IN THERE, wouldn't you be PISSED!??

While I basically agree that this situation sucks, remember that in your scenario (A) you get 30 days to return your doorless car if you don't like it, and (B) the doors can magically appear by pushing an 'update' button...

Journeyman

@iStink wrote:

True, but what if everytime you called in to complain and send the car back you had a slimeball talk you into keeping it for another week, because the door installation is right around the corner?

..And that, my friends, is how I got stuck with the Instinct. "It's in the next update," I was told several times. Thirty days are long gone.

So, to those of you close to your 30-day return policy, think about it very carefully.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:

@iStink wrote:

While I basically agree that this situation sucks, remember that in your scenario (A) you get 30 days to return your doorless car if you don't like it, and (B) the doors can magically appear by pushing an 'update' button...

Careful. The 30 days starts when you purchase the phone, not activate it. They don't tell you this, and in my situation, I bought it online and it took over a week to get to me. Little did I know that durring that week I was in the evaluation period. I tried to send it back and get out of sprint's contract, TRUST ME, but they pulled this BS on me and I got scammed into a contract. I tried to send it back after less than 3 weeks of use!!!!

I'm not making the same mistake with my touch pro. I activated it on november 11th, and a scam artist from sprint said I had until december 11th, but someone from the Sprint store told me I had until the 4th. I'm still contemplating sending the phone back, but at least now I know the CORRECT deadline.

As far as pressing a button to update the software, it's still a matter of waiting for the button to become functional.

Journeyman

@iStink wrote:

Careful. The 30 days starts when you purchase the phone, not activate it. They don't tell you this, and in my situation, I bought it online and it took over a week to get to me. Little did I know that durring that week I was in the evaluation period. I tried to send it back and get out of sprint's contract, TRUST ME, but they pulled this BS on me and I got scammed into a contract. I tried to send it back after less than 3 weeks of use!!!!

I think you gave up too easily on this. http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/returninfo.html rather clearly says the 30 days starts on the date of activation unless the device is never activated. I'm not surprised if many customer service reps don't know what the policy actually says, though...

Journeyman

I am sur they know, they just assume the customer doesn't. They also know most wont look.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat