cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Quotes Application

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stock Quotes Application

There are a lot of threads on various forums looking for a stock quote application for the Instinct. Nearly every thread ends with a recommendation to visit a mobile-edition of a website to obtain the quotes. Many people also appear to be asking for the simple Handmark widget to be enabled on the Instinct. I've had this phone for several months now and have seen no information as to whether or not the widget would be made available. Both of my previous phones had the stock quote capability and my wife's phone is able to use the stock quotes in Pocket Express.

* Can anyone answer a) will Sprint ever enable the stock quotes in Pocket Express or b) develop a Sprint-branded stock quote application?

* If the answer is yes to either of these questions, can we be given a rough timeframe for when this might be available?

If it is going to be 6+ months or my only option is to use third-party sources (apps/URLs) then I might as well start looking for another phone soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree and I'm also one of those posters who has mentionedsome of the mobile sites I use for Stock quotes.

But, the ironicthing is that Instinct owners cannotget anything extra from Pocket Express beyond what Sprint and Pocket Express has natively provided on theInstinct.

AND,(OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO SAY THIS)EvenifInstinct ownerswanted to'PURCHASE' thisadditional Pocket Express application, we cannot! Which totally does not make any sense at all with Sprint's marketing hype and the Sprint Digital Lounge idea...Hummmm....

Highlighted
Master

@DaWeav wrote:

I agree and I'm also one of those posters who has mentionedsome of the mobile sites I use for Stock quotes.

But, the ironicthing is that Instinct owners cannotget anything extra from Pocket Express beyond what Sprint and Pocket Express has natively provided on theInstinct.

AND,(OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO SAY THIS)EvenifInstinct ownerswanted to'PURCHASE' thisadditional Pocket Express application, we cannot! Which totally does not make any sense at all with Sprint's marketing hype and the Sprint Digital Lounge idea...Hummmm....

The same goes for Mobitv, We get a crippled version of the TV app and if we wanted to purchase straight from Mobitv it is not an option. Sprint is just the middleman and has the say on what we can get. Most the Apps on the instinct are this way. Even the apps on the fun screen are nothing more then link bookmarks, Myspace,Facebook,etc. As to where itunes have full working apps for those. Hopefully after MR-6 and opening it up we will see "REAL" app for our phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We offer a full-featured stocks application made specifically for the Instinct at http://www.more-solutions.net/stocks/ which includes quotes, portfolio tracking and automated price triggers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been asking for a stock application from Sprint or Handmark since I bought this phone in February 2009. Its ridonkulous that one year after this phone's launch, there is no native stock app. Some company whose serious about customer service needs to buy Sprint up quick but keep simply everything.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat