cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange icon on web browser

Highlighted
Journeyman

Strange icon on web browser

last night I had a strange icon appear on my web browser. It seemed to have no purpose, and today it is gone it kinda looked like this

^

<O>

\/

It was in the top right corner of the page. it wasnt part of the web page it vibrated when I touched it.

Does any one have any info

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Patron

Sounds like you are seeing the auto scroll function... if you press your camera button it will activate this feature.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you. I get it It just doesnt work with my fingers

Highlighted
Patron

No... it won't. It just works when you tilt it and even then it only works if you are in good light as it runs off of the camera. It's kind of a novelty thing, IMO, and doesn't provide much useful functionality at all. The icon you mentioned doesn't really do anything at all except, if I recall correctly, the arrows light up to tell you which way you are tilting the phone. It's kind of useless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually this feature is pretty sweet. When it works.

Highlighted
Patron

That's problem with this supposed 'useful' feature, "When It Works"! And the sad thing is, the manual makes it sound as if this will actually work! In my experience the few times I've it on a really long web page, it will only move the page to the right and left never up and down, no matter where I place or move my finger., and then it moves so *bleep* fast, that you can never stop the page where you want to

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, this feature is only good for novelty purposes. You would think that when devopling this, someone would have said, "Hey, instead of this difficult to use, gimmicky feature, why don't we just make the browser not suck so that people don't have to scroll back and forth a million times to read a single page?" But apparently no one did.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat