Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV & RADIO HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

TV & RADIO HELP

My tv and radio hasn't been working for about 2 month's now. I've tried calling sprint's tech. support and nothing's seemed to work. I also thought that this update would fix my phone but it did'nt. When if first started messing up, the tv would go through but give me an error saying temporary unavailable try back later. Now when i click on the tv it either freezes up the phone or keeps spinning and goes to a white screen. My tv version is 3.0.31...................Please Help!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem with mines about a month ago. I ha...

I had the same problem with mines about a month ago. I had to get a new phone. My advice to you is take to a tech and get a new phone. I think its a software/firmware problem. Get a replacement.

Highlighted
Master

Re: I had the same problem with mines about a month ago. I ha...

It's a well known issue if you we're to search this and any instinct forum. They also have not communicated with us on when and if this issue will ever get resolved.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: TV & RADIO HELP

It's not systematic - we've been able to watch TV with varying levels of quality.  Sounds like you have a hardware problem somewhere. I suggest you take the phone to a Sprint Service and Repair center and get a replacement.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Wizard

Also, make sure to call Sprint to report this issue. You should be elligible to receive a credit for lack of service. I have resorted to calling at the first sign of a problem. They can offer a larger credit, but will usually only go back until the time when it was first reported.

I used to wait a week or more before calling in problems. Now I report them as soon as they pop up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:
It's not systematic - we've been able to watch TV with varying levels of quality. Sounds like you have a hardware problem somewhere. I suggest you take the phone to a Sprint Service and Repair center and get a replacement.

Will,

I am on my 3rd Instinct! Number Tres, Trois, San, Drei... ALL of them had the same problems with TV. There are so many people here experiencing the same thing that it is incredibly hard to believe that there are that many Instincts out there with bad hardware. If I get a 4th Instinct and it still plays TV crappy, do I go for a 5th, and then a 6th? How many Instincts do I have to go through before I either stumble upon the golden ticket phone, or Sprint tries to fix it on their end? I don't mean to take this out on you, but 3 Instincts and they all had the same problems with TV. I'm in 3g / Power Vision area, I have seen TV play great on other Sprint phones, but every Instinct I have seen, the TV has been horrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

akipika, I think Will may be responding to the original post, which says the guy cannot get TV to work at all. Also, note the version number on his phone. It won't even auto-upgrade the version for him. It might just be a bad phone in this case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All instincts have bad tv. The recent update seems to have helped with the NFL channel but the rest is still bad even when you have a strong signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

AH... gotcha! Thanks Mark, sorry Will 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat