cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telenav Navigation Upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Telenav Navigation Upgrade

When is the Telenav Navigation upgrade being released? Has anyone received this upgrade yet? If so, how and wen did you receive it?

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Telenav Navigation Upgrade

No one has received a navigation update yet.

Patron

oh speak 4 yourself i have the new update on my phone i g...

oh speak 4 yourself i have the new update on my phone i got it on friday

Journeyman

Re: Telenav Navigation Upgrade

Can we get one of the mods to pipe in here? I still have 2.1.0.21. The update threads stickied at the top of the forums lists 2.1.0.23 as the latest version.I launched GPS just e see if a push whould happen, but it didn't. Is there a status on the push of the new version? Any idea on why there seems to be a delay of pushing the updates to all users?

Journeyman

Re: oh speak 4 yourself i have the new update on my phone i g...

@anthony8950 wrote:
oh speak 4 yourself i have the new update on my phone i got it on friday

Oh ok. Out of the hundreds of people on this board, you're the only one that has gotten the update, and you got it last week! For some reason I find that hard to believe. Liars are not welcome here, thanks.

Journeyman

Re: oh speak 4 yourself i have the new update on my phone i g...

what I want to know is how many posts about the same thing do we need before everyone gets on the same page. I think this is the third (or second or first) post today alone about the NAV update. Sheesh

Journeyman

I really resent that comment about that person being call...

I really resent that comment about that person being called a liar because he says he didn't have update yet! I am in Richmond, va and I to, have not received update yet! So blow it out your ear.

Journeyman

no no, greekgoddess... read closer, he said he HAD gotten...

no no, greekgoddess... read closer, he said he HAD gotten the update and clearly he is not telling the truth because it has not been released yet. no one has the nav update.

Journeyman

Re: no no, greekgoddess... read closer, he said he HAD gotten...

This is from another thread, coming from the Sprint Nav Product Manager. I told him to sticky it, but whatever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Here's the official word from the Sprint Navigation product manager (me). The Navigation update for Instinct (2.1.0.23) is targeted for two weeks from today (September 9th). I don't expect to make everyone happy with the delay, but we caught a couple things in testing that needed to be fixed before we could roll it out. Outside of these fixes we've seen significant improvement in the application's performance, fewer timeouts, better/quicker GPS locations. We are also working to quickly resolve performance issues around the delivery of maps to the device which has been discussed in other threads, so expect improvement there too, although that's not technically tied to the update and may be implemented even sooner.

I can also pass along this information on the rumor that the new update will prevent Navigation from running in the background and that you'll have to restart if you get a phone call. It's not true. Period.

JC"

Journeyman

With all this talk about people not being trusted when re...

With all this talk about people not being trusted when receiving the Nav "upgrade" (the actual words used), I can honestly say I HAD it. Had due to the fact I received it mid-afternoon Saturday (9/13) when I was looking for directions. I prompted me that there was an update, downloaded it and installed it (last two digits were 2.2.0.23). I noticed that I was not able to press the back button after pushing the "home" key while the Nav was running. I liked it since it was neat but it was a small fix non the less. Then, two days later while I open it yet again i was prompted for another "upgrade", downloaded it, installed it and now I'm back to my original settings (2.1.0.21). Has this happened to anyone?

Patron

I received the .23 update....for a few days. I had it lon...

I received the .23 update....for a few days. I had it long enough to test a route I always get errors on with .21. Same issues, same locations. It's as if my phone can't figure out where on the grid I am, about 100 yards out of sync is my guess. I get repeated "you're not off track" messages. I've been in recurring "we're sorry for the inconvenience, our rep will be in touch within X hours" cycles with help. On two occassions they promised an update, once via OTA, once stating "you'll receive a text message." They keep closing the tickets without resolution, I keep opening. The last response....".23 fixes this issue but we had to uninstall it due to crashes." It didn't crash for me.....it just didn't work. I'm hoping for a major release, not the .23 again.

Journeyman

Re: With all this talk about people not being trusted when re...

@VR4 wrote:
I believe the downgrade was successfull. Great job Sprint !

Well it's hard to FAIL when you are taking a step back. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a good job to downgrade people after a flawed update. The only thing good about it was the quick response. 2 days that's the fastest Sprint has ever moved at doing something correctly.

At least Innov8 is here keeping us informed which is another thing that Sprint fails at.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat