cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message causing home buttons to not work

Highlighted
Patron

Text message causing home buttons to not work

Does anyone else have this issue? When I recieve a text message, read it and I dont want to reply or I have already replied to a message and it returns to the original message, the lower home, phone and back buttons freeze for about 1 or 2 min. Then they work again. This is after it shows that the text has been sent so its not the sending process. Im wondering if its the phone itself or an issue that Sprint is working on? Thanks

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

try taking you styls that came with your phone and go to...

try taking you styls that came with your phone and go to setting then tap on general nest go to calibration and use you styls to reset your calibration

Journeyman

Re: i haven't had this issue. strange but, many of the issues...

Go through the calibration with the stylus. Mine bottom buttons were not working, especially after text/picture messages. I had previously tried calibrating with my fingers right before the issue started. When I went through the calibration again with the stylus, the buttons worked again.

Patron

The same thing happens with my phone. The screen turns bl...

The same thing happens with my phone. The screen turns black and only the 2 buttons at the bottom are lit up. It is not a calibration problem it is a freezing issue.

Journeyman

i haven't had this issue. strange but, many of the issues...

i haven't had this issue. strange but, many of the issues people have mentioned on here i haven't experienced yet. i wonder if it's a software issue or hardware defect to some phones.

Journeyman

It's a freezing issue, not calibration. The phone freezes...

It's a freezing issue, not calibration. The phone freezes and essentially restarts itself without turning off. The screen goes black for about a minute then when it comes back on its at the speed dial screen as if the phone were just turned on. any incomplete information is not saved. This has happened with 2 different instinct phones I've had now...return the phone...the problem will not be going away any time soon.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat