cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging

Journeyman

Text messaging

Why does the tect messageing thing limit you. On my blackberry I could type a 50 page paper if i wanted and send it. its would just brake it up to a million different texts but at least I could write what I wanted. to finish alot of my conversation I have to send a half thought, than stop and start another tect and send that... well hell, if i have alot to say I will have to send and stop and start over multiople texts just to send one long idea. Is there any way around this????

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Text messaging

Most phones will only allow a certain number of characters in a text message. There is no way around this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Text messaging

try calling the person or sending them an email.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand what he is saying tho. I had a Moto Q before...

I understand what he is saying tho. I had a Moto Q before the instinct and although each text was limited to 160 characters, it allowed me to keep writing until I was done. Once sent, the texts would break up into seperate texts of 160 characters, but as far as writing it, it was one streaming thought, rather than having to type 160 characters, send, then start a new text, and so on... That is ont thing that is bothersome especially when you are on a roll. Is there any way to fix that? And not to mention that that 160 character limit is arbitrary and pointless... But that's another topic entirely!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hopefully this is a area they will fix. It cant possibly...

Hopefully this is a area they will fix. It cant possibly be very hard to get something like that changed.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat