cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts out of order!

Wizard

Texts out of order!

I know this has been posted a ton, but I am just fed up with this thing. I have MR6 and all my texts are out of effing order now. this was one of my favorite features. sarah any news on this?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Texts out of order!

I have the same problem but I have had it since MR5. It WAS a really nice thing about the phone. I talked to Will but was told "the timestamp on the message is set by the cell tower - there's not a handset change or update you can make." Yet the other sprint phones on my account don't have that problem. I didn't have the problem before MR5. Unless your on the same towers I'm on, then I don't think its the towers that have the problem.

Journeyman

I'm not sure if the following is relevant to what you are experiencing, but I have text issues when someone with an iPhone or SKYPE (for example) sends a long text that is over 160 characters. I have observed that when a single long text message (like 500 characters) is broken into separate 160-character messages, I receive them in the wrong order and have to shuffle them mentally to reconstruct the original message. The order in my case is "jumbled" i.e., not last >first (or the expected first >last).

I have often wondered if this is an Instinct thing or a larger issue involving one or both subscriber's service, the cell phone towers, etc. I'm not sure when I first noticed it, it wasn't something I attributed to a specific MR release.

Journeyman

I have the problem no matter who sends the text. iPhones, Palm phones, AT&T, Alltel, and even other Sprint phones. I normally get texts that say they came from an hour later. And I don't get them all the time, like 1 out of every 10 or so.

Master

drdrr wrote:

I'm not sure if the following is relevant to what you are experiencing, but I have text issues when someone with an iPhone or SKYPE (for example) sends a long text that is over 160 characters. I have observed that when a single long text message (like 500 characters) is broken into separate 160-character messages, I receive them in the wrong order and have to shuffle them mentally to reconstruct the original message. The order in my case is "jumbled" i.e., not last >first (or the expected first >last).

I have often wondered if this is an Instinct thing or a larger issue involving one or both subscriber's service, the cell phone towers, etc. I'm not sure when I first noticed it, it wasn't something I attributed to a specific MR release.

On the Pre if they are longer then 160 characters I get them in reverse order 2-1 then1-1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have notice my Text messages getting out of order when receiving them and then getting ordered correctly when I read it, however I already responded and the response is below another message that comes in after I send mine.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.