cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts out of order!

Wizard

Texts out of order!

I know this has been posted a ton, but I am just fed up with this thing. I have MR6 and all my texts are out of effing order now. this was one of my favorite features. sarah any news on this?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Texts out of order!

I have the same problem but I have had it since MR5. It WAS a really nice thing about the phone. I talked to Will but was told "the timestamp on the message is set by the cell tower - there's not a handset change or update you can make." Yet the other sprint phones on my account don't have that problem. I didn't have the problem before MR5. Unless your on the same towers I'm on, then I don't think its the towers that have the problem.

Journeyman

I'm not sure if the following is relevant to what you are experiencing, but I have text issues when someone with an iPhone or SKYPE (for example) sends a long text that is over 160 characters. I have observed that when a single long text message (like 500 characters) is broken into separate 160-character messages, I receive them in the wrong order and have to shuffle them mentally to reconstruct the original message. The order in my case is "jumbled" i.e., not last >first (or the expected first >last).

I have often wondered if this is an Instinct thing or a larger issue involving one or both subscriber's service, the cell phone towers, etc. I'm not sure when I first noticed it, it wasn't something I attributed to a specific MR release.

Journeyman

I have the problem no matter who sends the text. iPhones, Palm phones, AT&T, Alltel, and even other Sprint phones. I normally get texts that say they came from an hour later. And I don't get them all the time, like 1 out of every 10 or so.

Master

drdrr wrote:

I'm not sure if the following is relevant to what you are experiencing, but I have text issues when someone with an iPhone or SKYPE (for example) sends a long text that is over 160 characters. I have observed that when a single long text message (like 500 characters) is broken into separate 160-character messages, I receive them in the wrong order and have to shuffle them mentally to reconstruct the original message. The order in my case is "jumbled" i.e., not last >first (or the expected first >last).

I have often wondered if this is an Instinct thing or a larger issue involving one or both subscriber's service, the cell phone towers, etc. I'm not sure when I first noticed it, it wasn't something I attributed to a specific MR release.

On the Pre if they are longer then 160 characters I get them in reverse order 2-1 then1-1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have notice my Text messages getting out of order when receiving them and then getting ordered correctly when I read it, however I already responded and the response is below another message that comes in after I send mine.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.