cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Request Your Apps Here" Thread

Journeyman

Re: The "Request Your Apps Here" Thread

I just need someone to find a way to fix locking the screen during a call, ending 3 way calls, calculator corrected, and a revamped music player. A new UI perhaps and a better calander and notepad....

Journeyman

maybe some camera editing add ons and a better sega pad for Opera Mini that has more than 200 character limit...So, I guess a new OS with more colors than just shades of grey...am I dreaming???????

Message Edited by goygacon on 04-06-2009 10:58 AM

Journeyman

SiriusXm app, check out starplayr, they are offering code to help create what is necessary for an app.

Journeyman

Here's a couple that should be easy:

A sound recorder that records to the memory card in an externally usable format like WAV or MP3, with only the size of the card as a limiting factor.

An eBook reader that can at least do TXT files, but preferrably RTF and PDF as well. With no limit on size - i.e. don't try to read the whole book in from the card into memory and crash like some of the reader programs out there.

Journeyman

podcast downloader thingy.

Journeyman

Yes, I second the podcast subscription manager - it needs to download in the background and be configurable as to how many to keep, whether to delete when listened/skipped, and what order to arrange them in a playlist.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Barret the sound recorder will be very easy, but will not work until MR-6 comes out. However I will definately get to working on that. As far as the ebook reader goes I don't know much about ebooks but I will definately look into it.

Just a note:

The easiest formats to develop with are those that are either open source or well documented. So if you have multiple options for something, please present the one with the most documentation, and that doesn't require any licensing fees =D.

Journeyman

@troyboytn wrote:
that is an excellent idea Mlblack....why hasnt anyone thought of this before

Actually KBui does have widget support. The first one is the weather widget, which shows current weather and temperature for any Yahoo! weather city. I was thinking about a stock widget next, but others would be useful too.

Journeyman

KB...are you familiar with snap-tu? It has quite a few useful apps and you can return to screen without exiting. I like the icon interface. I think KBui is useful but not crazy bout the overall look

Journeyman

Yes, I've seen snaptu. It's developed by a small company with significant server resources (most of the content is handled on the server side, not on the phone). I didn't think it was worth reinventing the wheel, so since they focused on web apps, I focused mainly on phone-specific apps.

You do realize that KBui has 15 different looks at the moment? Several of them are not that different from snaptu's icons.

Journeyman

The calculator is definitely an app I'd like to see. I was surprised when I could only go 2 decimal points on the Instinct's calculator. Very embarassing. I also had some time to sit down and think about some more useful apps.

It would be really sweet if we had a Kindle app. Instead of paying 359 bucks for a Kindle reader, the Instinct could be adapted to do the same thing. We've got the network connection. All we need is an app to interface with. Also, it be nice if someone would work with Audible for audiobooks.

While thinking about it, since Sprint TV is going to hell in a handbasket, how about an IPTV interface? Or working with Hulu to bring a mobile version?

As for Flash, Adobe is working on open sourcing flash to the mobiledevices without licences. The Open Screen Project is being run by Adobe to port over flash to mobile phones. I have an article if anyone's interested. I also found the home page of the project for anyone who is interested. Samsung is one of the members of this project.

Open Screen Project -

http://www.openscreenproject.org/

Article on Project -

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS5010205574.html

Also there is an open source player for Shockwave files called Gnash which went into beta in Sept 2008.

So there ya go. I hope some of this is useful.

Journeyman

Thanks for the calculator link.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat