cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that would make the Instinct better...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Things that would make the Instinct better...

Better web browser I don't think it is even as good as Opera Mini 4.

Customizable UI Most new phones have it, where are our downloadable themes?

Email attachments Give me HTML support in email as well as support to view PDF, Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. Editing isn't necessary but viewing is.

Better Syncing Mobile Sync doesn't work well, at all. Plus I can't sync pictures, calendar, notes or tasks. Those are musts.

Music Player - Visually it could be better. Let me flip through album art like I can my photos.

Shopping There isn't anything to shop for. Third party software support isn't there. Even Google Maps and Opera Mini don't work. In order to have a high tier phone you need software from other vendors.

Contact Search - If I have 600 contacts I might have 75 in the 'S' category and it takes a while to scroll through them. A search would be great.

The keyboard Is amazing!! Except when I go to the numbers they should be arranged like a phone or calc.

Message Edited by Mustang46L on 06-24-2008 11:40 PM

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Exactly - Dead on. I'd like to see a list of the current...

Exactly - Dead on. I'd like to see a list of the current software projects for this phone, I hope Samsung is on the path to making some of these improvements. I've been wishing I could access HTML in my email, and change the email folder beyond the default folders, and there seems to be no way to move pictures from folder to folder. The list goes on...

Journeyman

Re: Things that would make the Instinct better...

For me, these are the items I most want to see added:

1) Support to be able to view Excel and PDF documents

2) Sync my Outlook Calendar.

3) Sync Outlook notes and tasks would be awesome as well, but Calendar is A1 important.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I agree! So far for me, the biggest thing it is lacking i...

I agree! So far for me, the biggest thing it is lacking is a VOICE RECORDER! The voice recognition is really great, and pretty accurate, so why isn't there a recorder to take verbal notes, like if I'm driving or in a rush. Being a musician, I'd like to be able to record a few seconds of something to listen back, and even assign it a ringer - or even record my voice as a ringer as my younger cousin loved doing with her phone (forgot what it was - LG?). An old Nokia I had even did that. My previous Kitana (first gen.) had a recorder, but couldn't assign it as anything. Is this becoming less popular? I know Sprint phone reviewers have a sight like this just for them, so I'm sure they are all over these issues. Good phone so far...

Journeyman

We need to realize that this is not a PDA BUT! Why give t...

We need to realize that this is not a PDA BUT! Why give this phone the ability to receive work email and not give it the ability to view attachments you normally would in a typical work email? I would also like to see more fields for contacts (ex. company name, co. address, title, birthday). This is how I remember people's birthdays.

Journeyman

@Mustang46L wrote:
Contact Search - If I have 600 contacts I might have 75 in the 'S' category and it takes a while to scroll through them. A search would be great.

Are you aware you can select the letter S by using the little thumb-looking icon on the contact list? If you're right-handed, the icon is on the right; otherwise it'll be on the left. Anyway, if you press and hold that icon and move it, it'll scroll down the alphabet and stop when you let go. So, you can easily go from A to S (or any other letter) with a click and fast scroll. When you let go, the contacts will start showing on that letter.

Journeyman

Sure I know that. But like I said what happens if you scroll down to 'S' with the little bubble and then you want to go to a certian contact. That contact just happens to be about 50 contacts down the list still, but you can only go strait to the 'S' or 'T' and you cant go to 'SP' for instance. So now I am at 'S' but I still have to scroll and scroll. This though, isn't my biggest issue by a long shot.

And please don't get me wrong, I am not hating my Instinct, not by a long shot. But if Sprint wanted to aim squarely at the iPhone and shoot, they needed real bullets but all they had was a nerf gun. This is a fun phone and many will enjoy it but it isn't an iPhone killer. It really isn't even Sprint's flagship device. With some software upgrades the phone could be much better but I'm not sure that I see that many real changes being made to the Instinct, just fixing bugs that they find I would guess.

I really think that next time Sprint wants to release a device like this they need to put it in the hands of someone who sells the phones and has an idea what their customers are looking for. Let them make decisions on how to make the device better. That is what really needs to happen next time.

Journeyman

Re: I agree! So far for me, the biggest thing it is lacking i...

@jnurin wrote:
I agree! So far for me, the biggest thing it is lacking is a VOICE RECORDER! The voice recognition is really great, and pretty accurate, so why isn't there a recorder to take verbal notes, like if I'm driving or in a rush. Being a musician, I'd like to be able to record a few seconds of something to listen back, and even assign it a ringer - or even record my voice as a ringer as my younger cousin loved doing with her phone (forgot what it was - LG?). An old Nokia I had even did that. My previous Kitana (first gen.) had a recorder, but couldn't assign it as anything. Is this becoming less popular? I know Sprint phone reviewers have a sight like this just for them, so I'm sure they are all over these issues. Good phone so far...

Voice Recorder would be good but in the meantime, you can press the Camera button, switch to camcorder and Happy Recording!

Journeyman

I wish there were 2 softkeys to be used for different pur...

I wish there were 2 softkeys to be used for different purposes depending where you were on the Instinct, but too late for that. Just get PAM to work (disable Modem NAI).

Journeyman

My wish list: 1) Decent RSS Feed reader that I can set my...

My wish list: 1) Decent RSS Feed reader that I can set my own feeds. Something like Viigo 2) Outlook Calendar, notes and tasks sync 3) Voice recorder 4) Sort contacts by "file as" field in outlook 5) A good facebook and linkedin application 6) Opera 7) Mac support

Journeyman

Re: My wish list: 1) Decent RSS Feed reader that I can set my...

- A spot to hold the Stylus

- adding the ability to have preset text messages

- a single Beep or tone ringer for voicemails or text messages

- A contrast option for the screen.VERY hard to see outside in sunlight.

- Emoticons

Journeyman

I agree with mustang46. I am use to being able to downloa...

I agree with mustang46. I am use to being able to download third party apps as well, but I heard that sprint is offering money to program developers to write programs for the instinct.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat