cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of all the negative talk......

Journeyman

Re: Tired of all the negative talk......

thisgets as much negativity as it deserves ....if the complainers didn't come here to provide feedback would anything get fixed....it went out the door seemingly OK....I like the phone too....it has some cool features yes GPS is awesome.....yes the removable battery puts it in a class all it's own....we know what it can do right ...what sprint needs to know is ...what it doesn't.....I agree with we should be patient but this is not going to happen if do gooders that love their phone are in here to say they do.....causingpeople to respond to remind sprint there are those of us that want them tofix things...not go away cause we're so happy...I shouldn't have to consider myself a beta tester ....I can see if they added a feature for download and you wanted to be one of beta testers...sure why not......but market it as anything else is wrong....to say you knew this was going to happen is pure bunk....maybe everything we have in life should be beta tested .....ahhh.....consider the potential that carries....the great products our kids would have.....or wait....sprint could hire some people create a test department that works hand and hand with quality contol....too bad nastradamus didn't see this coming......

I work for a company that makes MRI's ......would you accept.... sorry we got your brain scan wrong cause you were in our prototype...was it fair to those before you.....maybe they could have givent the phone to rabbits and monkeys first....ah ha.

Journeyman

I actually just weighed in on this subject here: http://b...

I actually just weighed in on this subject here: http://bkn.messageforums.net addressing my opinion on the Instinct's Superior Hardware.

Journeyman

That's exactly what it needs is more negativity! If we were all happy on our $70+ plans then there'd be no incentive for Sprint to fix anything. Leave it as is if we all like it.

So be patient or run away to join the iphone elite,and complain about what that phone lacks.

Here's my problem with that - just how EXPENSIVE is our patience worth? It's not like we can utilize a phone-only plan until Sprint works out the kinks with the rest of it.. instead we are being forced on to $70+ data plans while they may or may not fix things like the browser. Any improvements are coming at your expense. If they were coming free, and letting us go back to a voice-only plan in the mean time, it'd be a little more tolerable.. but as it is right now, you're patience is coming at a pretty high cost.

Negativity and better yet, constructive critism are the only way for Sprint (or any company) to know what's wrong with their products. My two biggest issues are the horrible web browser and the lack of an IM client. For a phone that is so set on comparing itself to the iPhone, they could have taken a couple hints from the web browser when they had a year to get it right.

And IM's.. seriously, in 2008, how many phones don't come with an IM client?

Journeyman

For a phone that is so set on comparing itself to the iPhone...

And there in lies the problem. Spint themselves laid out this high expectation for the Instinct...not us as the customers. I am a realist....I know the trials and frustrations of getting a 1st generation phone...I am a tech junkie However, when features they have included on the phone like {cough cough} "mobile sync" don't work...and the store employees give you different reasons from "a bad phone, to your account is messed up to that feature isn't working yet and should be fixed in the next up date" that's just not excusable. Since I've got my phone on last Thursday, I have been in Sprint stores 3 times already for multiple failures and lock ups....my live search locks up every other time I use it. And every time I use my browser, my battery all but drains...even after a full charge. All the techs are totally clueless because most of them don't have any experience with the phone, and sorry, I'm not going to keep driving across town to the one rep that knows the most the phone...that is unless Sprint is going to give me a refund on gas wasted.

Side rant: Hello Sprint....why don't you uses your techs as the test group for new phones. They will find the obvious bugs and you can get updates together before your customers get the phone and start returning them out of frustration and bad mouthing the company. Plus they will get some experience wih the phones. Just a thought.

There are some great features of the phone...the GPS is awesome. But folks need to stop sticking their heads in the sand and pretending that there are not some major issues with the phone. Otherwise they'll never get resolved. I'm giving them up until my 29th day to get some of these things worked out, otherwise it goes back.

Journeyman

Note: The Instinct doesn't even work as a regular phone w...

Note: The Instinct doesn't even work as a regular phone would. My free phone and roommates metro work better. I would get text messages up to 1 hour late, voicemail notification hours late, and not ever time but ever few days it does it. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Picture mail isn't guaranteed as in it's always pending on my phone, sometime the recipient would receive it and sometimes not, verified by a Sprint rep. I wouldn't receive pictures mail at all once the phone stop's working, that's what make me take it back to the store. It's not Sprint service, it's GREAT, it's this Samsung phone. I will not purchase another Samsung phone, personal opinion, they need to stick with the other electronics there into and leave the cellular market alone. The speakerphone is extremely low and echo's too much. Nokia doesn't echo nearly as much. Let "IPHONE" have there own phone. Apple is an professional company that took there time and built a solid phone, screen to turn itself off once it's placed to the ear and screen to brighten itself outside and dim inside..and a WONDERFUL SOUNDCARD for my BOSE headphones, the Instinct didn't know what to do with such quality headphones, it was like day and night..the Iphone send precise imaging to the headphones and they respond accordingly. I can say a lot more, but I just will not, and IPHONE baby hear I come 16gb white..packed in your liitle box in the Lenox mall Apple store!!!!!!!!!!!!!yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all headache's are gone!!!wheeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Sorry few more..the phone lock's up and I was told to turn it off and back on often, I said "your late, I change the battery all day" Can never access the picture mail folder. I'm through, serious.

Journeyman

Yes, but there is a huge difference between NEGATIVITY and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Alot of the folks on herespew one, but call it another.

I personally like my phone. It is light years ahead of my old Palm 700p. Yes, the broswer needs

some help, and the television isn't as clear as your HD set at home. So what? Are you buying a

television? No. You are buying a phone that allows you to view some tv channels while you are

away from your television. Did you buy the phone hoping to then sell your tv at home? Geez.

If Sprint doesn't address the browser issues as well as the keyboard compatibility with java apps

with the next (hopefully soon) service update - then all this grumbling will have some legs. But I

get all my email just fine. I enjoy several of the radio stations. I love the navigation. My phone calls

are clear and do not drop. The web broswer is passable for now. And the tv is a nice time waster

during lunch breaks or on the train.

As much as I hate to sound like a broken record.. please go toyour closest AT&T outlet -pay $170

morefor the hardware and $75 more per month (at least in my case) for your perfect iPhone. Enjoy.

I welcome more constructive criticsm on thisboard- Sprint needs to hear it. But to be blatantly negative

(almost to the point of sounding like an iPhone fanboy) and then call it constructive criticism? Get lost.

Journeyman

I'm very happy with my Instinct. I haven't had any proble...

I'm very happy with my Instinct. I haven't had any problems with it. I've had other smart phones and had no faster web access. I've had no problems with the TV or other applications and I've used them all. The GPS is awesome. Is it an IPhone buster? I have no idea as I have never used an IPhone. I was with AT&T for many years previously and never had good service with them. Does Sprint have more work to do on the Instinct? Apparently, and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements as they come about. In reading through many of these posts, it seems to me a majority of the problems are people not knowing how to use the applications. Some of them are not documented well in the instructions, and some are just because they are expecting them to work the same way another phone might work. It is a new phone and some things are different.

Highlighted
Patron

I have been watching this forum for awhile to. When i see...

I have been watching this forum for awhile to. When i see al the negative feedback i wonder why one even bothers to go through the trouble if they are unhappy- JUST CHANGE PHONES! Apparently, there is some satisfaction, if not in the phone, in the fact that Sprint has opened up a forum for some to complain, because it appears if the phone had not become the object of their misery- something would! Btw. I LOOOOOOOOVE MY INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!! YAY

Journeyman

Re: I have been watching this forum for awhile to. When i see...

@hidnknwldge wrote:
I have been watching this forum for awhile to. When i see al the negative feedback i wonder why one even bothers to go through the trouble if they are unhappy- JUST CHANGE PHONES! Apparently, there is some satisfaction, if not in the phone, in the fact that Sprint has opened up a forum for some to complain, because it appears if the phone had not become the object of their misery- something would! Btw. I LOOOOOOOOVE MY INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Just a thought, if users never logged complaints, {I agree with the previous poster about there being a difference between just negative bashing versus constructive criticisms} issues would never get resolved and technology never would have progressed to get the the point of having the array of phones available. That's just the way things work, if no one tells Sprint or any other vendor, be it cell phones, computer manufactures, car manufactures, mattress manufacturers, cereal makers...yada, yada, yada, they would never try to improve on a product. Just changing the phone does not allow for growth and improvement. Most folks are smart enough to weed through the complainers that just like to complain to find those that are legitimately reporting a problem. Complainers that just like to complain will find issue with no matter what phone they swap to.

I like the instinct....I just don't love it right now. I could easily fall in love with it, provided Sprint/Samsung is expedient in providing solutions for the re-occuring issues posted here and on other forums.

Journeyman

Re: I have been watching this forum for awhile to. When i see...

I dontthink you negative people should make users feel bad because they like their instincts. If you want to be the MLK's of cell phones then go ahead. But don't bash someone because they are satisfied with the product they are getting. Iphone should work better than instinct. It cost more to buy the phone, and it cost more to have monthly service. 16gb iphone is WAY more money than an instinct, I would hope you like it better. Thats like trying to compare a Chrysler 300 to a Phantom! Two different price ranges, two different products. I never said the instinct was better than the iphone, Sprint did. What I did say is that I am satisfied with the product and it will only get better. To say it is crap is really not being fair at all.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat