cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To get your calendar sync

Highlighted
Journeyman

To get your calendar sync

The only way at the moment to get you calendar to sync, or at least show up on your Instinct is to first sync your Outlook with Google and then set your Instinct Browser to www.google.com/calendar thru m.google.com You will be able to add events but you cant delete them. Also, go to your google account via a PC and set the notifications to send you your itinerary every day via SMS at 5am and you will always have your to do list on your Instinct. To set your homw page, first navigate to the page you want as your home page and the press the Heart shaped button on the right side of the screen on your Instinct. It will prompt you to save the current URL as your homepage. Google Calendar Mobile is precise and fits the Instinct screen perfectly. You can easily advance by week and quickly add events.

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: To get your calendar sync

Thanks dude! Strong work...

Obviously not the best solution, but better than nothing at this point.

I'm just hoping that they'll develop something that actually correctly syncs with Microsoft Outlook in a few months.

In theory shouldn't be that much of a pain since the SDK is already available.

Again, thanks for the idea!

Journeyman

I agree about Google Calendar. It's a really nice fit on the Instinct. When I realized last week that I couldn't sync my calendar, I immediately set my home page to Google Calendar. The only draw back I've had with it so far is the fact it does not show a full month in traditional view. It would be nice to have just the numbered days listed as in a real calendar and then click on any number to go to that day.

Journeyman

DEAR SPRINT DEAR SPRINT Not including a sync function for...

DEAR SPRINT DEAR SPRINT Not including a sync function for Outlook Calender is not the best way to try and convince people who may be thinking of purchasing an iPhone to purchase an Instinct instead. Sprint is the one who spearheaded the whole Instinct ad campaign by using iPhone comparisons and test. So, it is obvious that you are trying to get iPhone customers. This will not work with a "stripped-down" device. This is unfair to people that chose your device thinking they were getting a true "smart-phone." Instead of the generic statement you guys posted saying there is no plan for an Outlook sync option, you may want post an upgrade ASAP. Otherwise you may have to explain to your shareholders why so many people are using the 30 day return policy to return the Samsung Instict they purchased from you. This will be a reality once people see others with the new iPhone 3G and start feeling buyers remorse. You better post a statement soon addressing the shortcomings and come up with some updates. I may be one of the people that returns 2 of these phones.

Journeyman

Re: DEAR SPRINT DEAR SPRINT Not including a sync function for...

@robkno3 wrote:
DEAR SPRINT DEAR SPRINT Not including a sync function for Outlook Calender is not the best way to try and convince people who may be thinking of purchasing an iPhone to purchase an Instinct instead.

I do agree with you about the calendar. On the other hand, I don't think the Instinct is considered a smartphone.

Journeyman

No question this is a cool phone, but to not provide with...

No question this is a cool phone, but to not provide with calendar syncing is really unthinkable. If they are pushing e-mail to it how much of a problem would it have been to sync calendars? That was one area I just assumed would be a part of the phone, so I guess they knew what they were doing because I would have gone with the iPHONE especially with the new sooped up version available. Thanks for the tip on getting the calendar even though it seems there are a few funky steps to take.

Journeyman

Don't forget. Google has a SMS shortcode GVENT (48368) for adding, checking google calendar events. A compliment to the wap site. Also, there's a setting for getting a text message reminder for your events. All very useful.

Journeyman

@c4400 wrote:
Don't forget. Google has a SMS shortcode GVENT (48368) for adding, checking google calendar events. A compliment to the wap site. Also, there's a setting for getting a text message reminder for your events. All very useful.

I get a daily email message with my schedule. It's useful. It would be even better if Google could give us the option to see an entire month and navigate from month to month. For example, if I'm wanting to schedule a meeting in October, there is no way I know that I can see a particular day in October in Google Calendar on my Instinct. Other service for example, Plaxo gives me the option to see an entire month with numbers. I can click on a given number and see that day's schedule. That's nice.

Journeyman

What about for Outlook users, if they logged on to Outloo...

What about for Outlook users, if they logged on to Outlook web access, (OWA) and simply go to calender?

Journeyman

By the way if you do that you need to keep browser in mob...

By the way if you do that you need to keep browser in mobile phone mode.

Journeyman

i tried this but when i try to login into google to get m...

i tried this but when i try to login into google to get my calendar from my phone i get an error that says i need to turn on cookies. can anyone tell me how to do this and also when i hit the heart it takes me to my saved favorites list but does not ask me it i want to make this my home page. Any help is appreciated

Journeyman

help when i try to log into google calendar i get a messa...

help when i try to log into google calendar i get a message saying my browser cookies need to be turned on pleaseee anyone know how to do this

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat