cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomorrow's firmware upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tomorrow's firmware upgrade.

Are we going to have to go through the menu to get to the software upgrade option and search for the new firmware or is hte OTA going to be automatic, once Sprint decides to release it? Anywone know?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Tomorrow's firmware upgrade.

Will did say that the first couple days you'll have to go and check for updates. After a couple days they'll push the updates to users.

Journeyman

My concern is whether this will be like the Navigation update. It comes, messes things up and is then reverted back still leaving a messy place behind.

Journeyman

@Egidio wrote:
My concern is whether this will be like the Navigation update. It comes, messes things up and is then reverted back still leaving a messy place behind.

What do you think? I have my doubts that the update will actually be available tomorrow. When/if it is released I wouldn't hold my breath for it to actually work, as advertised. It's pretty much par for the course with this phone. Nothing works as advertised.

Journeyman

If it only affects the browser, I have a hard time thinking of any way it could make it worse.

Patron

@johnrhoward wrote:
If it only affects the browser

I can't believe people are still staying this. If we are to believe any of the limited information Sprint has posted about this update, we do, at least, know that it does not only affect the browser.

Journeyman

I like the idea of them posting it in a way so you have to go to your menu and check for the update for the first couple of days. This lets hardcore users like us pound it out and try and break it before it becomes a pushed update for EVERYONE. We're almost like the last line of beta testers lol.

I am really crossing my fingers that this update makes me happier with my phone.

Journeyman

@chronstinct wrote:

This lets hardcore users like us pound it out and try and break it before it becomes a pushed update for EVERYONE. We're almost like the last line of beta testers lol.

Every Instinct owner is a beta tester.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat