cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Instinct Disappointments

Highlighted
Patron

Re: Top Instinct Disappointments

My biggest dissappointment is that Sprint out right lied to the developers involved in that 25,000 challenge. The reason for not giving out the prize money was that the software wasn't up to par for the Instinct!  I'll wait for the laughter to stop!

Still waiting....

Journeyman

Let me begin by saying "ditto"!!!

I waited and waited for the Instinct to arrive. I must say that I actually liked the phone a lot. When the Instinct HD was about to arrive I thought OMG it will blow the original out of the water. I was mainly concerned with being able to access my work e-mail, and had a hard time with Outlook. I love touch interface phones. I was really considering an HTC phone. I love technology and was familiar with Samsung software, so I thought, what the heck, I'll go with what I know. To my extreme disappointment , the Instinct HD sucks! The original Instinct was way better!  The only good thing is texting and Yahoo mail, and the texting is awful. I almost always miss the right letter. I'm not going to list all that I hate about the phone, besides Facebook not working correctly, it doesn't support Adobe Flash, and the battery life....don't get me started. Let's just say, I'm waiting for the UPS guy now for my Hero to arrive, Can't wait to send the Instincts to Sprint for maybe  a little cash back. Even if the Hero doesn't live up to everyone's expectations or mine, for what I need in a phone I'm sure it will be a 100,000,000,000 times better!

Journeyman

Yes I am a new member on here, so if anything I say is repetitive to what someone else has has I apologize in advance!

I have had 4 different phones in 2009. As of now I have the Instinct M800. Been using this phone for  roughly 4 months. There is some PRO's about this phone, but ultimately the CON's out weight the PRO's.

PRO'S

1. It's very easy to navigate around this phone and find what you need rather quickly.

2. I absolutely love the 3.5 jack for headphones to listen to mp3's. The negative side is people know when I'm at the gym they still have the ability to get a hold of me.

3.The screen is fairly large for such a slim phone.

4. I think this is one of the better screens with the clarity  and vivid colors.

5. Absolutely LOVE the size of this phone!!! Slim size is great to slide in your pocket and not feel like you have a brick in your pocket.

CON'S

1.  It's EXTREMELY irritating that this phone does not have a file viewer, to go through different folders and try to find lost pics or video's.

2. I think the pictures taken with the camera on the phone is horrible!

3. Why would SPRINT offer Sprint TV or any other videos. I spent more time waiting for the video to load, than I did watching it.

4. It's also very irritating that every other channel there is a monthly fee. I would NEVER spend 6.00 a month to sit and wait 20 minutes for a 5 minute video to load... ARE YOU SERIOUS????????

5.Last thing...... Is it me, or does it absolutely suck texting on that virtual keyboard??? If it is me, maybe I'm just a physical keyboard type of guy.

Maybe they should get the "average joe" and get feed back face to face with us instead of getting random opinions from 6th graders. Who knows? I'm just the sucker who bought the phone. All in all I think this phone would just make a good mp3 player in the end.

Journeyman

ok so.... im have neg. feelings about the instincts already just because i had problems with 2 of the 1st ones and the last 7 or 8 i had with the the 2nd one.......now that im have the 3rd one im still not so much happy with it. the key pad dont really respond like the others did... i have to do a lil more to type out what i trying to say....also i only had the I HD  less than 24 hrs and im having problems.....when i tried to use the USB cord my computer asked me to insert the hardware (cd) which did not come with the kit.in the Manuel it said a sprint website to go to to download the driver so my computer can recognize it and the phone was not on the list.... when i tried to to just use the mircoSD card in the computer, it didnt so up on my computer at all it was like it was never there. and when i contact sprint costumer care my issue still doesn't get resolved. At this point having so many problems with these phones and nothing happing im really thinking about breaking my contract... hopefully the problem can be fixed in a timely matter. we pay so much to get less then perfect service.

Journeyman

- Delete this post -

Journeyman

Four things that are the main gripe.

One. Since going to "4G", I have had more dropped calls than ever before. Never had an issue until last summer, and then all a sudden dropped calls all the time. Sprint sent me  a" booster". Like it was my fault. Guess what? I never needed one before, and then one say something justc "changed" with the towers or something - and the booster? I might as well stand on the roof with bunny ears made out of aluminum foil for all the good it does me.

Two. My first generation Instinct sucks. The internet browser CONSTANTLY minimizes and I have to constantly adjust it. I have read on numerous forums of ppl having the same issue as me. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Simkple firmware update, but they are too laxzy.

Three, Training the phone sales reps to call it an "iPhone killer" is nothing more than a) a lie, b)false advertisement, and c) makes 'em sound like a used car or insurance salesperson.

Four. The digital lounge is the most touchy, unorganized, irrelevant website I have ever visited. Sprint's IT guy who created it needs fired - like yesterday.

Fiver - for good measure: I have been a sprint customer on and off for years, and I am sure our little rants in forums like these are paid no mind - but I am seriously considering gong verizon when the contract is up or AT&T where I can get a REAL iPhone not some blatant Samsung piece of crap wanna-be.

Another reason?

While I would like the HTC Hero coming in late 2010 with a slide out keyboard and windows compatible -  Sprint service is unreliable so why pay over $500 for a phone (sans rebates and trade-in) with the coverage is absolute crap?

My Instinct is nothing more than a expensive paperweight I can talk through at this point.

Journeyman

whatever01 wrote:

Four things that are the main gripe.

One. Since going to "4G", I have had more dropped calls than ever before. Never had an issue until last summer, and then all a sudden dropped calls all the time. Sprint sent me  a" booster". Like it was my fault. Guess what? I never needed one before, and then one say something justc "changed" with the towers or something - and the booster? I might as well stand on the roof with bunny ears made out of aluminum foil for all the good it does me.

Two. My first generation Instinct sucks. The internet browser CONSTANTLY minimizes and I have to constantly adjust it. I have read on numerous forums of ppl having the same issue as me. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Simkple firmware update, but they are too laxzy.

Three, Training the phone sales reps to call it an "iPhone killer" is nothing more than a) a lie, b)false advertisement, and c) makes 'em sound like a used car or insurance salesperson.

Four. The digital lounge is the most touchy, unorganized, irrelevant website I have ever visited. Sprint's IT guy who created it needs fired - like yesterday.

Fiver - for good measure: I have been a sprint customer on and off for years, and I am sure our little rants in forums like these are paid no mind - but I am seriously considering gong verizon when the contract is up or AT&T where I can get a REAL iPhone not some blatant Samsung piece of **** wanna-be.

Another reason?

While I would like the HTC Hero coming in late 2010 with a slide out keyboard and windows compatible -  Sprint service is unreliable so why pay over $500 for a phone (sans rebates and trade-in) with the coverage is absolute ****?

My Instinct is nothing more than a expensive paperweight I can talk through at this point.

I dont post in these forums anymore because i jumped ship to the HERO which I absolutely love, but I am still subrscribed to a few thread here and I saw this one come across my e-mail and I have to make a few comments.

First of all, where are you getting your information?  THe instinct is by no means a "4g" device!

The HTC HERO is already out and it does not have a slide out keyboard nor will it ever be a Windoes Mobile device.

Lastly, yes the instinct is a piece of cr*p phone unless you just want to talk and text, in which the phone actually works quite well.  I actually found the virtual keyboard on the instinct was by far better than the HERO's.

Journeyman

I had the 1st generation Instinct from July 2008 until yesterday. For the most part, I did like the phone; I was one of the lucky ones where the problems mostly came as glitches. Mostly. But here are some of my top disappointments:

1. Screen Lock. SCREEN LOCK!! Honestly, if you're not going to put in a screen lock feature, at least make the mute button and the add call button into sliders. Luckily I have very patient friends. Also, because there is no screne lock, the image of the call screen buttons started to ghost into the display. That's right, the image began to burn in. Yeah, I have extremely heavy call usage, but... still Oy.

2. Browser. This browser is just a clusterbleep. I mean, the improvements were kinda okay. But, seriously, I used to be able to use Bus Tracker on that, so I could see when my bus was coming. After you "fixed" the browser, Sprint, only a limited number of active links would work on the screen. If there were too many, they just wouldn't register. Luckily, I found Bolt.

3. Handmark. Seriously. I should NOT have to re-loud the app because when I am trying to read a news article it suddenly flips to the browser screen to show the lastest advert-du-jour, and then the Back arrow (on the bottom of the phone, not the browser) takes you back to the last web page you were at and not the last thing you were reading.

4. Camera. Could we please have a zoom function on it?

All in all, I had a positive experience with the phone. However, my patience was finally shot when I ended up muting five calls and one voicemail in the last week-and-a-half. That just is not acceptible. I'm going to miss the little thing, in some ways. However, as I've had good luck with Samsung phones in the past, I've switched over to the Reclaim. We'll see.

Journeyman

When I purchased the Samsung Instinct M800 in Jan. 2009, I talked my cousin into trading her Palm Centro in for one as well, I never found any negative things when I researched the phone however, around March I began experiencing problems that I thought "Oh, its just normal little problems and it will not last long". Imagine my surprise when I was still experiencing the problems more often in the following months. I called Sprint and they promptly sent me out a refurbished replacement phone and the phone actually worked for a few weeks, until the same problems popped up again. My browser doesn't load, I keep getting "uncaught", "not available" "out of range" or nothing at all just a dropped phone call. I am missing telephone calls now more than ever. People will tell me they called or text me and I never receive the calls are texts. I even had a call drop while on the phone with a customer service tech at Sprint. Everyone keeps telling me the same thing that I need to go to the tech store and have a test run on the phone. I am on my 4th Instinct phone and I don't think that I should have to pay to upgrade to get a properly working phone. I have insurance that I pay every month and it should cover your device and replace it with a different model when you have had more than 3 phones replaced with the exact same problem. I am so tired of the run around I am getting with Sprint. My cousin is leaving at the end of her contract and I am stuck in the contract until Nov. 2011!!! Help someone please tell me what I need to do or who do I need to speak with to get a properly working phone!!!!

Journeyman GWS
Journeyman

I agree with all the gripes everyone has posted on here.  I absolutely HATE my Instinct now.  I'm on my 3rd one and I had the phone freeze after about an hour of getting it.  They told me they'd give me a different model if they had to keep replacing it.  I don't believe it.  Has anyone received an offer for a different model to replace their Instinct?  And if so, what models do they offer?

Journeyman

Maybe you can convince a rep to give you a different phone, for free. I was able to get the HTC Hero, because Sprint/Samsung has not fixed problems with their phone. Don't stop until they fix your problem, because they are responsible for fixing features that they advertise. Refer to this thread for detailed information about various issues, namely they retarded music player.

Journeyman GWS
Journeyman

Well, I took the phone back after the screen stopped working on that one as well.  I went in there p*ssed.  They did end up giving me a different model.  Unfortunately, it's another Instinct.  The HD.  The camera and video camera are nice on the phone, but that's about it.  It's already restarted itself on me a few times and the music player freezes and reboots my phone.  I wish they'd offer me the Hero.  My brother got one and he loves it.

Oh well, looks like I'll be going back to the Sprint store soon...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat