cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen Long-Term Durability

Highlighted
Wizard

Touchscreen Long-Term Durability

just wondering how is the screen on your instinct doing?  i've had my m800 instinct almost a year and a half with a screen protector (boxwave anti-glare version).  i'm thinking of taking it off and going without to give the phone a newer look.  i carry the phone most of the time in my front pants pocket, and rarely uses a stylus, mostly tip of my fingers or fingernails.

anyone out there have gone without a screen protector for prolong periods?  how's the screen?  lots of and bad scratches?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Touchscreen Long-Term Durability

Carried my 1st Instinct in the included case, then scratched the screen when something apparently got on the tip of my stylus ( dust???, I don't know ).

Haven't chanced it on my 2 other Instinct replacements and use the invisible shield ( front cover only ).

Journeyman

I have had the same Instinct for over a year, only using the included case and no screen protector......no damage, including no scratches. It has held up very well.

Journeyman

It has held up very well so far! Sprint screen protector and original case!

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

I have my Instinct for over a year now. No screen protector, always carry it in the original case that came with the phone. Usually carry it in my pocket, though always an empty pocket, no keys or change with the phone. Never or rarely use the stylus.

So far, no scratches at all.

Wizard

thank you all for providing your experience. glad to hear the screen has held up for all with or without screen protector.  i think i'll keep mine on, maybe get a non-anti-glare one for a different look.

all in all, the phone has held up quite well so far.  the back still has that velvety feel.  the hinge doors to charge port (used most often), headphone jack and memory card (used least) are still intact, which is most surprising as i really thought that these would be the first to go.  the glossy gun-metal still shines along with the chrome buttons.  i'm quite impressed how well it has kept with low maintenance.

i truly believe this phone can be viable for quite a long time if the software can keep up.  although, i am itching for an android phone.  cheers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat