cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer instinct contacts to Palm Pre

Journeyman

Transfer instinct contacts to Palm Pre

Can someone help me? I bought my Pre this morning and Sprint tried transferring my contacts....Well, I get home and notice only a partial of my contacts transferred. What's the easiest way to get my contacts off my Instinct and to my Pre. I don't want to have to do all of them manually!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Transfer instinct contacts to Palm Pre

I used goggle to sync with my desktop than sync google to my phone. It was easy.

Journeyman

Check Mobile Sync on sprint.com (it's in the Online Tools area after you log in). If your Instinct was set up right by whoever sold it to you, all your contacts should be there.

Journeyman

If all else fails you may be able to transfer them by bluetooth. If you have to transfer them one by one it would be a pain, but at least you only have to do it once.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mobile Sync does not work with the Pre.

You have to do a phone to phone transfer or use other methods. When you purchase your Pre all of your contacts get removed from Sprint.com. The Palm Pre backs up to Palm.com.

Journeyman

not really. all my contacts were still on sprint.com. if you check palm's site there are some tools that help to transfer your contacts.

Journeyman

If they are on sprint.com, export to .csv file, import into google mail contacts and sync with google. Like the previous user indicated, works well and try the pre forum: http://www.palmpreforum.org/index.php for more specific answers to the pre etc..

Sprint Product Ambassador

You can also shoot the contacts from the Instinct to your PC via Bluetooth, then use the Palm Desktop Assistant to sync them to the Palm OR upload them to Google and use the Google sycn to sycn them to your Palm Pre.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat