cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring music from PC to phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Transferring music from PC to phone.

Every time I try this (using Sprint Media Manager) it appears to be transferring for a few seconds then hangs.

I have yet to transfer nything from my PC.

Anybody able to do it successfully?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Transferring music from PC to phone.

You can add music to your card by going to "my computer" choose the removable disk that is the phone, goto the music folder and add them that way. It is a lot faster by the way. SMM is very slow at transferring files.

You can also take the card out of the phone and put it in a card reader on your computer and do it that way.

Journeyman

I found an 8gb micro sd card on amazon for 32 bucks. It came with a USB adapter so all you had to do was plug the microsd card into this usb thing, then plug it into your usb port, and music and videos trasnfer to it at way faster speeds than through the instinct's connection. 700mb in about a minute.

Wizard

@Levi4u wrote:

You can add music to your card by going to "my computer" choose the removable disk that is the phone, goto the music folder and add them that way. It is a lot faster by the way. SMM is very slow at transferring files.

You can also take the card out of the phone and put it in a card reader on your computer and do it that way.

Speed is definitely an advantage if you go this route. The files copy over much more quickly. The down-side is that the songs don't always appear in the correct track order on the phone. Additionally, the album art might not show up either.

Another option is using window media player to transfer songs and albums to your phone. In most cases, the tracks appear in the correct order and with the album art displayed. The transfer rate using WMP seems to be about the same as using SMM.

Master

I do it that way all the time and it does work if you have the id3 tags with album art correct, I use the program mp3tag to edit the tags and have no problems with them appearing in the right order and all the album art is there. Super fast transfer, Just drag and drop.

When I used SMM to transfer them it took 3+ hours to transfer 1069 songs on a 8gb card, Not to mention it takes 20+ minutes for SMM to read the phone before you can even start.

SMM needs some work, I've asked if there was a fix in the works but got no response.

Wizard

@Levi4u wrote:

I use the program mp3tag to edit the tags and have no problems with them appearing in the right order and all the album art is there. Super fast transfer, Just drag and drop.

I'll have to give that a try.

Journeyman

Does the phone support audio files with .M4P extension?

Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat