Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn by Turn GPS directions

Turn by Turn GPS directions

You always have access to GPS enabled turn by turn directions in your pocket with the Instinct.  Anytime you want directions to somewhere, touch Navigation on the Main menu, and either search for or assign an address to get directions to.  The Instinct knows where you are and if there is traffic to avoid, so just trust your Instinct to get you there.  The directions will be spoken to you so you can concentrate on driving.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Does the GPS re-calculate the directions if you use a different route?

Journeyman

Yes. The second it detects that you have gone past where you are supposed to turn, it reroutes you

Journeyman

Yes it does and gives you the option to accept the new route. I love using the GPS navigation.

Journeyman

@InstinctAdmin wrote:
The Instinct knows where you are and if there is traffic to avoid, so just trust your Instinct to get you there. The directions will be spoken to you so you can concentrate on driving.

And the nicest thing about the directions is that it actually says the street names instead of next right, etc.

Journeyman

How does the Navigation work while driving. (I am the passenger, not driving). I never could get the Nav to work yesterday. We were on Major highways in Dallas, TX. I entered the customer's address (while we were driving down the freeway). The route pulled up with no background on the screen. Nav only showed a blue line on a gray screen. This continued several times yesterday. I had to use my Mapsco. I agree with Pochantis, I may need to switch back to my Treo if I can not figure out how this is to work. I bought the Instinct mainly for the GPS Navigation functionality. I need it for doing residential sales calls.

Journeyman

No, you dont always have turn by turn gps. If the phone has a weak signal, you on't have GPS at all. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to get a good signal. All you get is an error message. Sky signal failed. Its really a hassle... Gotta switch back to my centro

Journeyman

GPS same problem as above. I would get a blank screen with just an arrow, the same with traffic information. The other thing that happens is when downloading it will go to 101% and never actaully download the map. I turned off the phone, then turned it back on and it still did the same thing.

Journeyman

It is a network problem, and a buildup of cache files in your phone. Go to the internet settings and clear all private data. If the problem persists, then call customer service and have them reset your network. Any online service such as radio, TV, GPS, or the web itself will begin working quickly again.

Journeyman

Can we set the voice commands to play thru bluetooth headsets?

Journeyman

Yes, you can use a bluetooth headset to listen to music, listen to GPS and take calls all in one session.  While your music is playing, navigation will interrupt to give you a turn direction, music will then come back on.  If you get a call during this, you take the call (music will go off) and when you hang up, music will start back up where it was.

Sprint Product Ambassador

A side note - GPS requires a clear view of the sky.  If you have the phone down in your lap in the car, it may not get a good enough view of the sky to lock on to the satellites.  Try having it on the dash while it's setting up the navigation - it works better.

BTW, the guy going to the Centro - it doesn't have any location system in it at all . . . 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat