cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing the word microbrew in text messages lock up device on the Samsung Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Typing the word microbrew in text messages lock up device on the Samsung Instinct

If you type the word 'microbrew' in the text composer, device will freeze up and eventually power cycle. Spelling variations of the word 'microbrew' will also cause same behavior.

Use "micro brew" with a space to bypass issue until fix is available.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Typing the word microbrew in text messages lock up device on the Samsung Instinct

in other breaking news, Hurricane Ike never found Anna Mae Bullock for not eating that cake.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, thanks for the info. Gee, didn't I read here somewhe...

Wow, thanks for the info. Gee, didn't I read here somewhere about microbrew. Must be my imagination.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Wow, thanks for the info. Gee, didn't I read here somewhe...

Seriously, who types "microbrew"? And FYI, this has been posted a zillion times.

Highlighted
Patron

Re: Typing the word microbrew in text messages lock up device on the Samsung Instinct

@jebus wrote:

Lol... thanks for that. The fix is coming tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Drybonz wrote:

@jebus wrote:

Lol... thanks for that. The fix is coming tomorrow.

either a fix or a new way to crash the phone. :notsure:

Highlighted
Journeyman

Microbrew, Townhomes, Witherspoon. At first I thought it was an issue with long words that the Instink thought should be hyphenated or considered 2 words, micro brew, town homes, wither spoon. So I got bored and started typing a bunch of words that fit that scenario but was never able to replicate the crash with any other word other than those 3.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat