cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read MP3 Tags

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to read MP3 Tags

When I first put all my music on my Instinct, about half of it was missing album art. I deleted all the music, made sure the album art was all fixed within the media manager, then added the music back to the Instinct. At this point only about a quarter of my music was recognized by its MP3 tags. So most of it showed up only under "All Songs" and then listed by its filename. Is anyone aware of a fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Unable to read MP3 Tags

Sucks, huh.

Nope, no fix.

Journeyman

Re: Unable to read MP3 Tags

I had problems because of album art being too large and the Instinct not being able to read the ID3 tag as a result. Try the Sanse MP3 Art Sizer. It will resize artwork down to a reasonable size that should allow your Instinct to read the tags and the art.

http://hcware.110mb.com/mp3art/

Patron

I had some similar issues. Albums appear fine in my Windo...

I had some similar issues. Albums appear fine in my Windows Media Player library and on the C: drive. In Sprint Media Monitor some of the songs are not with the albums, all lumped together at the bottom and, like anagnos, album art is missing that's there in Windows Media Player. Might it work better to just copy the music folders from the C: drive to the SD card Music folder? Wondering if it's just a Sprint Media Monitor issue. There must be others in other discussions with the same issue.

Journeyman

I recently spent the weekend using windows explorer to re...

I recently spent the weekend using windows explorer to retag all my music files and removed tha album artwork until I knew it would work right. I retagged using properties on each file and now my phone reads the songs so much better and lists the albums and artists. I have a few issues. Like a an extra space will make it a different album and for some reason I can't seem to delete the album art on some songs but they also list being copyrighted so I guess that may be the issue. I then just copied it from my computer to the music folder on the sd card and I have to say it does run much smoother.

Master

Re: I recently spent the weekend using windows explorer to re...

@latinmaxima wrote:
I recently spent the weekend using windows explorer to retag all my music files and removed tha album artwork until I knew it would work right. I retagged using properties on each file and now my phone reads the songs so much better and lists the albums and artists. I have a few issues. Like a an extra space will make it a different album and for some reason I can't seem to delete the album art on some songs but they also list being copyrighted so I guess that may be the issue. I then just copied it from my computer to the music folder on the sd card and I have to say it does run much smoother.

You can use MP3TAG to edit the ID3 tags and it lets you remove/replace Album art. I use IRFANVIEW to resize my album art to 250x250. Both those can be found using google and they are free.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat