cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncaught Exception in game

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uncaught Exception in game

I have had the uncaught exception error come up a total of THREE times while playing the game 'Jewel Quest.' In two of the instances of this issue happening, the error came up in the middle of gameplay and exited out of the application and went back to the application menu. The third time it happened was at the end of gameplay.

What is the deal with this error? Why is it coming up so frequently? What can be done to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Uncaught exception on the instinct can be fixed::::: Customers can type this link: http://pxme.us/in2// into the Instinct browser homepage and initiate the update at any time.

Highlighted
Master

LOL, Really now. That is to fix the uncaught exception for handmark/pocket express not any of the games.

Highlighted
Wizard

Some games are hosted by Handmark so I don't believe the response was completely off the mark. 

Highlighted
Master

My bad, Sorry! Learn something new every day. I guess it may be worth a try then. The thing is we(I) also get that "uncaught Exception" alot in the music app and it is not related to handmark and that "Fix" doesen't help that. It just sounded odd that it may fix a game.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried the link on my phone, and it DOES NOT work. I get a message that states:

This issue has been reported. Please try again later. Attribute mismatch. Of course, naturally the address wouldn't work the first time I around. I got a connection failed error message and had to hit the refresh button.

I had thought that this issue of uncaught exception had gone away, but it hasn't. Serioulsy, this has got to be resolved. With the problems I am having with this phone, it is just a coincidence that Samsung would release a virtually identical Instinct phone, but call it the S30 instead of the M800.

What issues am I having with this phone?

Connection failed error when trying to navigate to websites

Uncaught exception error in the middle of game play

Cannot download the fix for this error (which I notice is pocket express is different than the software update posted at softwarestore.sprint.com)

Pandora stops playing music after a few songs and the phone just locks up and won't do anything until it decides its ready

Touch screen not responding having to press icons several times to get a response

Receive error messages when trying to update the phone

I saw a post about a new item that was added in the fun category. Despite going through the software, data profile, and the PRL update I can't get this new item to show up.

Periodic connection issues between Sprint and Pandora

I believe that if I take the phone to the retail store for service and tell them that I am getting an uncaught exception error in a game, the response will be "we can't provide support on this because it's a third party issue. Seems everything on the phone is third party and the only thing that can be resolved is issues with making calls.

I've just about had it with the ongoing errors. I am unable to use my phone the way I want to be able to use it. The only thing that seems to work consistently is making calls. Surely there is something that can be done to resolve these issues.

Highlighted
Master

Open the browser on the phone and goto Sprint's homepage in the bookmarks, On the top right corner is a yellow box(Instinct Software Update) That is the update for the uncaught exception.

Only a couple of people have reported getting the fliker tab on the fun screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Im 13 and my mom just got me this phone for my birthday and everytime I go into the pocket express thingy it says uncaught exception and when I put http://pxme.us/in2// in my address bar it says download failed. Please try again later 905 and it says Attribute Mismatch... PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

None of these solutions work. The handmark URL does not work and the Pocket Express gets teh exception error.

Highlighted
Master

http://pxme.us/in2//. Just enter into your browser and select open and the update will download and install.

If that doesn't work try this in the browser. erase the "http:"

Message Edited by Levi4u on 06-15-2009 03:19 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to download the pocket express, but that did not change anything. I also went to the sprint home page on my phone and i did not see a yellow box in the right corner. This is getting really frustrating. My dad has the old instinct and his works perfectly fine. I got the instinct s30 and I can not watch things on youtube or sprint tv, and i can't even listen to sprint radio because the error "uncaught exception: exiting application pops up and exits me out of the program. I really don't know what to do.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat