cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unofficial - no news on App Development Contest

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Unofficial - no news on App Development Contest

I've checked with the App Dev team at developer.sprint.com and they haven't any word for us on the App Dev contest for the Instinct. I would assume the news is tied up in Legal and / or Marketing but I could be wrong. If or when I find out more I will update this forum.

And NO, I don't have any final word yet on MR-4 info; should have something later today.

Thanks,

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unofficial - no news on App Development Contest

Thanks, Will, but come the 22nd of October(android T-Mobile G1) i am gone if nothing is new here. One can wait for only so long.

The G1 may not be the answer but it will have what i am looking for upon launch (an app store), with an active community and as we know over 1.5 mil sold by pre-order alone (how many did instinct sell-oh that's right-thats secret too) . I am not knocking on you Will, you have been great.

Highlighted
Patron

Well, Android is definitely the answer IMO. But the G1 (phone, not software) and T-Mobile? It's a baby step towards the right answer. Sprint + Android + HTC phone that's similar to the TouchHD = definitely the answer.

Ah, and thanks for updating us on the issue, Will. That's very nice of you.

Message Edited by Moth on 10-13-2008 03:22 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the update willy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the update Will.

Hopefully, they at least give you a timeline to Post by Day's end.

One Way OR Another It's Almost Miller Time!

And that will definitely make the rest of my work day go better!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am waiting for the Sprint Android phone. The G1 is lacking in some areas. The major deal killer is the lack of a separate headphone jack. Also, I don't want to play beta tester for another phone. The Instinct was enough. Hopefully, by the time Sprint comes out with their Android phone, the kinks will be worked out of the OS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't trust sprint with another "new" phone ever, remember the old saying "first impressions", sprint had plenty of time to make one and failed all the way up to Oct 10th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sort of agree with Rog here. I've been with Sprint for around 8 years and this has been the most frustrating experience I have had with them. It's safe to say that when my contact is up I am done with Sprint, unless I can weasle AT&T into sort of matching the $99 SEP plan then it will be worth bailing out and paying the ETF.

Android is definitely the future phone OS. The apps on it look amazing and it's not even out yet! That tells you that Google wants to really make Android succeed. Maybe Sprint can learn something here. Google App Contest winners already announced and they look fantastic. Open Source and no need to have to become a Sprint developer partner and pay outlandish fees in order to have signed certificates to work with Sprint APIs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rog152 wrote:
I wouldn't trust sprint with another "new" phone ever, remember the old saying "first impressions", sprint had plenty of time to make one and failed all the way up to Oct 10th.

Well I don't think I'd trust anyone with a new "bleeding edge" device again. I mean I like my Instinct overall, but, hasn't been all that I was expecting. I'm not usually an early adopter but took a leap of faith this time. But I can say, that the Live Search and navigation have been lifesavers for me on many occasions, and I really like the news and weather apps.

I'm hoping the fixes, and 3rd party apps (?) will make it more worthwhile.

Highlighted
Patron

@rog152 wrote:

"New phone" is sort of an overstatement. It would have to depend on the phone's standing. Some phones can be new but you'll definitely know what you're getting. Like the Touch Diamond and Pro, new products but you know what to expect. The Instinct was very experimental and should not have been released in it's current state for people to purchase. Pretentious, that's what it is. At least now I know better. Side note - God, I just played with a Diamond earlier and I gotta say, the touch screen on the Instinct sucks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat