cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update error, Phone won't restart

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update error, Phone won't restart

I received a notification for a Firmware update last night. Now my phone is at the start up screen and will not go past it, despite my allowing it to sit all night. The loading bar continuously moves to full and then the screen goes black and it starts all over again. What do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Update error, Phone won't restart

TMear, I see this is your first post, so you might not know about removing the battery. For some reason, if you take the battery out for a couple minutes and put it back in, sometimes this will clear up any quirky behavior. Give it a try. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to take it to a Sprint Store.

Journeyman

Re: Update error, Phone won't restart

That is correct, that is a soft reset, usually this can fix an issue with the device, however if it doesn't and you are stuck at the Samsung screen or the device will not power on at all you will need to take the device to a Sprint repair center to have a technician take a look at the device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat