cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Movies = Internal Error 7000

Journeyman

Updating Movies = Internal Error 7000

If I try to update anything inside of the movies menu, I receive a 7000 error. A few other people are experiencing the same issue. There is a topic about this very same issue over at the SU forums. See: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169957

Anyone else having this issue?

For example, if you go to Showing At My Theaters and do an update "7000: Internal Server Error. Please try again"

Showing near me - same thing

My Theaters - same thing

This has been going on for at least 4 days on my end.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Updating Movies = Internal Error 7000

I'm getting the same issue. Error 7000 when I try to lookup movies in my area. Besides just error 7000 I don't have "Power Vision" but "Vision" since last night.

Journeyman

wonder if a call to customer service would help out any?

Journeyman

Customer service wasn't much help... the guy's only suggestion was to power cycle my phone / removing the battery. If there are multiple people having the same issue, I don't think it's our phones, but more likely something on Sprint's end. I would imagine that the "Internal Server" would be at Sprint and not inside the phone.

Journeyman

I have same issue.

Journeyman

Obviously it's not a problem with our phones... seems rather odd that numerous people would start experiencing the same issue at the same time.

Can we get someone from Sprint on here to confirm the problem and offer a solution???

Journeyman

I am also having the same issue, but it did not start unt...

I am also having the same issue, but it did not start until after the update. There isn't much they can do to fix it over the phone. And unfortunately power cycling the phone did not help at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I am also having the same issue, but it did not start unt...

Yeah I as well get the same error. I heard it's an issue on their end but I don't know for sure. This is unfortunate for me I really liked this feature :/

Journeyman

My buddy and both I get the 7000 Internal Server Error when trying to see Movies Near Me ever since the update.

Sprint: Can someone there please comment on this error, solution, or fixing plan if it is known?

Thank you.

~ Joshua

Journeyman

I just read a post from Sprint saying this issue is being worked on my the vendor who does the movie app. Please see this link. Thank you Will for providing the information and checking into this for everyone.

Link to thread withSprint's comment on this issue:

"

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&message.id=6951&quer...

"

~ Joshua

Journeyman

Thanks for the link... glad to get confirmation that it's not a problem with the phone. Too bad this kind of information doesn't get filtered down to *2. You would think when something like this is discovered and verified, it would be posted at some centeral point where customer service can pull up Instinct issues and see that it's a known issue... that way we don't get the whole power off your phone, pull out the battery for 5 minutes, then put it back in and turn on the phone crap. Gotta love the lack corporate communication.

Journeyman

I was the one who is the OP at sprintusers.com ( I hate that website by the way, full of idiots and commercials).

Anyways, I got a message from Sprint today about this problem:

Dear Joe, Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. After researching this issue, it is a national outage with the Movies On-Demand "Showing Near Me" the network ticket number is 2412250. This issue has been posted since July 29, 2008 and Sprint is working to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, Sprint does not have an estimate completion date. If you have any questions, please reply back to this e-mail. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business. Sincerely, Anthony A Sprint

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat