cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade available now!

Journeyman

When i clicked on the email icon i was asked if i wanted...

When i clicked on the email icon i was asked if i wanted to upgrade i chose yes... after upgrade was complete it prompted me to go to Setting. general . update software... i did and it turned off my phone and installed something that took about 2 mins... afterward i was able to see all my outlook calendar events and now email seems to be coming in faster...

Journeyman

still havent seen or know where to view PDF files like fi...

still havent seen or know where to view PDF files like first commenter was able too... may need to send myself a PDF file in order to view one through mail client..

Journeyman

no through the email icon... thats where i was prompted t...

no through the email icon... thats where i was prompted to upgrade the software the first time...

Journeyman

Re: no through the email icon... thats where i was prompted t...

just got the upgrade

Journeyman

Re: no through the email icon... thats where i was prompted t...

I cant get OWA to work on my phone (which is a different issue) so I'm trying this out on my fiancees phone. I cant view any office programs and OWA calander wont sync. When I try to open an attachment it says "A problem has occured. Please try again later. (S7110)

any ideas on what it could be? I did notice when I tried to sync the calendar or her owa e-mail it would tell me the certificate could not be verified but it let me accept it and continue.

Journeyman

Re: wow calendar synced pretty good. even did it synced years...

Sprint definitely deserves appreciation. !!! Update went live earlier than I thought.

Best of all, they haven't broken anything with the update :-)

Everything works perfectly. !! PDF, DOC, TXT, MP3 files !!

Will .. Can you please let the developers know how excited people are !! THANKS SO MUCH !

Journeyman

Re: wow calendar synced pretty good. even did it synced years...

Is there any documentation for the new capabilities? For example, can you control what alert you get on a calendar event that has the alarm set? Is there a way to put the work calendar in your favorites instead of having to go to email first, then the list of accounts, then the calendar? How do you delete attachments that have been viewed and now live in the 'other attachments' folder?

Patron

Is this just for work emails? I had to use Sprint Mobile...

Is this just for work emails? I had to use Sprint Mobile Desktop Connector, works fine, but comp has to be on and Outlook open whenever I want to get work messages on my phone. I have 3 other email accounts set up on my phone, but the only one that seems to work properly is the one I set up for a road runner account (I have 2 RR email addys, only 1 worked) so I had to go into my settings for my other RR account and a GoDaddy account and set them to CC to my gmail account (which I was able to set up on the phone b/c of the gmail menu option) so I could get those messages on my phone. Has that been fixed? Also, for calendar, even though there is the option to set an event to 'yearly' (like a birthday), I noticed that going forward a year to that date does not show the event...how do you set it up to repeat annual events like birthdays? Thanks for any help, as this update has me a little confused as to how to use it properly.

Journeyman

Re: will this update work for me??

I've been trying to read through all the different posts and have been waiting to hear the reaction from this new update.Can someone help me?!!

I do not have email through Exchange/OWA. I have Outlook and iCal for my small, home-based business. I need this phone to sync to one of my home/business computers. I need access to my full calendar, on the go. I need the ability to add appts to the calendar from my phone - with the ability to sync BACK to my computer when back in the office.

Currently, I can do this with my Palm Treo. But I'd like to switch BACK to this phone. This is the only thing that is preventing me going back to the Instinct.

Any light anyone can shed on this would be extremely helpful and I'd be soooo grateful!

Journeyman

When I checked my email, it asked me if I wanted to updat...

When I checked my email, it asked me if I wanted to update. I accepted and it updated. But I was never prompt to go into the settings and click on Update software. Matter of fact, if I do that, it says there are no updates available. So what about this new calendar?

Journeyman

Re: Upgrade available now!

I just upgraded and will test .pdfs and word docs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not getting this new update.... I went to my email and...

Im not getting this new update.... I went to my email and updated it manually. But i cant get it through settings>general>update software and when i try to update prl it gives me an error screen

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat