cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISUAL VOICEMAIL PROBLEMS

Journeyman

VISUAL VOICEMAIL PROBLEMS

Ok this is going to sound like a bit of a rant and rave but I am so pissed at sprint I cant think straight. I brought my phone 2 weeks ago Thursday, the following Tuesday the visual voicemail stopped working. I have spent hours on the phone with Sprints Tech team and no one was able to fix the problem only result I got was person after person telling me that they are having problems with the visual voicemail and it is being investigated by the tech team. Well after one week of phone calls and no results I just now got a phone call from Sprint to tell me that the "patch" to fix the visual voice mail will not be available until the 8th of August and until then I need to call into my voicemail to see if I have messages and to retrieve them. In the meantime, I dont get any indication on my phone that I have messages. I use this phone for work so I need to know when I have messages. This is a headache.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: VISUAL VOICEMAIL PROBLEMS

I regestered with the forum just to respond to this.

You are so right! Calling into your voicemail is such a PAIN! You should not have to do that. In fact, I think you should return your phone and go out and get another phone that works with visual voicemail.

What, you want to stick with sprint? No other phone, except for the iPhone, has visual voicemail?

Here's an idea. Why don't you DEAL WITH IT while sprint gets the kinks worked out. Everyone that is the first to get a new kind of technology always has to suffer through technical problems. It's just the way it is. If you didn't want to be part of that group, you should have waited at least 6 months before you got the phone.

Journeyman

Just wondering, Clayton, if the OP is not receiving notification that there is a voicemail, should the OP be required to just call into voicemail periodically just to find out if there's a voicemail? Perhaps every time there is a missed call the OP should just call into voicemail?

I'm tired of crybabies and whiners too. I realize there will be issues with new hardware especially with a device that is generally considered to have been rushed. But IMO this is basic functionality that the OP should expect to have, and it's a legitimate gripe if he (she?) doesn't.

Journeyman

I had that problem and it turned out if had something to do with call tones. Do you have any call tones on your line if so turn them off and see if the voicemail works then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of this writing, the 2nd patch is still not available....

As of this writing, the 2nd patch is still not available. Save yourself the aggrevation, do not call customer service. The number to call is Sprint's advance tech support @ 877 809 6696. Same yourself 20-30 min talking with a regular customer tech support, they will not be able to help. My visual vm worked when I first purchased the phone, since then it did not work. I called the advance line, they resetted my vm, it did not work. I also emailed the ceo of sprint of the issues/ problems I had, he had someone work on the problem(s), I am not sure if it worked, or the resetting of the vm took some time to kick in, but my visual vm now works. (LOL, Knock on wood). To all the Instinct users, email the ceo, (dan@sprint.com). Obviously, I doubt it is really his email, probably some glorified pr person. But the more we let Sprint be aware of issues with the phone, the better it is for all current users, and future buyers of the phone. Have a great summer.

Journeyman

I live in Southern MN and landlines CAN NOT leave any voi...

I live in Southern MN and landlines CAN NOT leave any voice mail to my phone!!! The Instinct rings and after a few rings it is just dead air - no greeting or anything. So, Sprint has a major issue with voice mail and the Instinct.

Journeyman

I have had the same issues with landlines. The funny thin...

I have had the same issues with landlines. The funny thing is that only landlines from Southern MN have this problem. I think whats more frustrating than the fact it doesn't work is the run around I keep getting from sprint. I understand the stuff about new phones have problems and all that, but I'm more frustrated at how the issue is handled from sprint's end. Did you ever get this fixed and or did sprint give you an explanation?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat