cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VVM Upgrade - Now VVM doesn't work

Highlighted
Journeyman

VVM Upgrade - Now VVM doesn't work

I got the VVM update tonight and it appeared to finish. When I went to access VVM it says "Please try again after Power Recycle". I have turned the phone off and on numerous times. I have taken the battery out for a few minutes. Nothing fixes it. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

No Mine is working fine, make sure you leave the battery...

No Mine is working fine, make sure you leave the battery out for a period of time

Journeyman

Hi, the same happended to my phone. I called Sprint and s...

Hi, the same happended to my phone. I called Sprint and spend almost and one hourjumping from one technician to other. The last person told me that the problem was an issue prior to the update and that it was not resolved yet. To make things worst, my phone is not receiving calls and they sent me to one of the stores to change iit.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem, I put the update in On Sat o...

I'm having the same problem, I put the update in On Sat or Sun night and it hasn't worked since. it gives me the same message. I've tried taking the battery out, turned the phone off and on....nothing works. Maybe the next update for voicemail will fix it? What is a power recycle anyway?

Journeyman

Re: VVM Upgrade - Now VVM doesn't work

I am also experiencing this. Spoke with Sprint yesterday and they opened a ticket for me which I have yet to hear back on. I also notice that I cannot get into the Settings menu for Voicemail or Mobile Sync, they just hang and if I call my voicemail directly it wants me to set it up which I already did. Very annoying.

Journeyman

I've had nothing but trouble with my VVM, and the technic...

I've had nothing but trouble with my VVM, and the technicians are absolutely no help, whatsoever! It's frustrating, and it doesn't help being on the phone night after night, for upwards of an hour each time for Sprint to keep walking me through the SAME procedure, and then tell me the problem should be fixed...which it ISN"T! Callers can't even leave me a message anymore because it's too difficult for them to go through the procedure of leaving me a message, by having to re-enter my phone number before leaving me a message! I wonder if the IPhone is this frustrating...

Journeyman

Mine is not working either. I downloaded the update and i...

Mine is not working either. I downloaded the update and it appeared to finish but now I get an error message telling me to recycle the power. Also, I still havent figured out how to get the cover off to remove the battery. I'm starting to hate this phone

Journeyman

Re: Mine is not working either. I downloaded the update and i...

The battery cover is fairly easy to remove if you do it a certain way. Take your phone and put it between your palms, one hand on each side. Now while applying a little bit of pressure to your palms, move your hands in opposite directions. It should come off. If your a visual person like I am, there are some videos on You Tube showing. Just search for Instinct battery cover or something similar.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Anyone with the 'Powercycle the Phone' message getting any solutions? 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Not yet. I had a tech call my home last night but unfortunately I was not home so they put me back in the queue to be called again. They left a fairly detailed message about backing up my contacts with Mobile Sync and making sure all music, pictures, etc. are either off the phone or on the memory card as they are going to do a reset of it. Unfortunately Mobile Sync is also is not working but I still have my old phone so I can spend an hour or so at the Sprint store waiting for them to be transferred again once they resolve the issue. Since I've had the phone for less than a week I hadn't done much with it. I was able to move my previously transferred pictures and a few new ones to my PC last night using the Sprint Media app. I then did a Phone Reset but that did not fix it. I assume they have some other "secret" ways to reset it even harder?

Any one else who has the VM problem also have issues with Mobile Sync? Aside from the "Power Recycle" error when trying to get to VM I also can not get to either the Voicemail option or the Mobile Sync option in Settings. Mobile Sync was partially working at one point however it did not transfer all 50 of my contacts, only 16 of them even though I kept receiving messages it had synced. That stopped once I got the update and subsequent VM error.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Journeyman

@VictorWI wrote:

..so they put me back in the queue to be called again.

I assume they have some other "secret" ways to reset it even harder?

If they take you into the belly of that phone and have you type a 6 digit number in - write it down - might come in handy 🙂

Journeyman

@redeyes wrote:

If they take you into the belly of that phone and have you type a 6 digit number in - write it down - might come in handy 🙂

Well, they called back and had me reset the phone. Now I can get into VVM but it is not working properly, nor is any data stuff. They are having another engineer call me back to figure out why.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat