cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality on Instinct

Journeyman

Video quality on Instinct

I got an instinct a few days back, and have been noticing that the video quality (both high quality videos on youtube & Sprint TV) is horrible. The video is highly pixelated, and you can barely make out the faces etc...

I am curious to find out if this is everyone's experience, or if I just have a faulty phone.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Video quality on Instinct

not a faulty phone, but faulty business management. They put out a phone that doesn't do what they say it does. In other words, no matter how many times you replace your phone, the Instinct will never have sharp quality like they showed you in their ads.

If you're within your 30 days, send it back, trust me on this. If you're a new customer, leave sprint.

My 2 cents LSmiley Happy

Journeyman

For some reason the NFL channel is currently much better than the others. Also sideloaded mp4 video created to match the instinct's screen height looks pretty good.

Patron

Why is someone who recommends leaving Sprint, posting on...

Why is someone who recommends leaving Sprint, posting on a Sprint Instinct forum? If you followed your own advice, you have no reason to be here. To answer the original posters question, ALL video images in ALL cell phone ads are simulated images (say so in the ads)...just like delicious shots of ice cream in ice cream commercials are not actually ice cream. Streaming video is compressed, the more it is compressed, the more pixilated it is. Try sideloading a video, much better. Although the TV quality is not great, how many people use their phone for TV watching? I tune in if I hear about a breaking news story, or bored in line, my expectations are not for an HD experience on my phone. However, I hear that they are working on improving the quality. You could potentially try the Touch Pro, the resolution is higher, but it is a Techno Brick and clumbsy feeling, so I prefer my Instinct.

Journeyman

Re: Why is someone who recommends leaving Sprint, posting on...

Yeah, I agree. Video quality is not really a make or break feature for me. At the max, I just glance through the youtube videos once in a while. I got the instinct a couple of days back, so wasn't sure about it performance.

Touch pro will definitely be a lot better, but not sure if it's worth the hefy price tag.

Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:
For some reason the NFL channel is currently much better than the others. Also sideloaded mp4 video created to match the instinct's screen height looks pretty good.

I agree... the NFL channel was working well when I watched about 15 mintues of the live football game on there last Thursday night. I was impressed with the video.

Also, I use the sideloaded videos a lot, and they are great! Definitely put them in mp4 format. That's the best I've seen. Excellent quality.

Patron

My friend has Touch Pro, I messed with it over the weeken...

My friend has Touch Pro, I messed with it over the weekend (since I am still within my 30 days), I was not impressed...didn't get that, "Oh, I gotta have this!" feeling. It def has some cool features, resolution is better and little things like weather look really cool on the phone (shows moon, clouds etc in a really cool animation). However 'touch' aspect was nothing special, no haptic feedback, smaller screen, heavy, keyboard was cool but not that much better than the on-screen that the Instinct has. Web is more 'true web', but I use Opera Mini for that. No Live Search. A bit too "utilitarian" for me (syncing with Outlook is not a big deal to me, since I have Instinct set up to grab my mail and new update will allow calendar sync). My friend seemed more interested in my Instinct than I was in his TP. The interface is more user-friendly on Instinct and it has all the muti-media functions that I wanted.

Patron

...plus (since you are like me and wondering if you shoul...

...plus (since you are like me and wondering if you should swap the phone out before the 30 days), keep in mind that people are far more motivated to complain when they are unhappy, then they are to give praise when they are happy...so you will see a lot more complaints on these forums vs compliments, since the millions who are happy feel no need to stop and write praise, since they are enjoying their phone and not in the forums. After messing with my friend's Touch Pro, I feel better and have decided to stick with my Instinct.

Journeyman

Re: ...plus (since you are like me and wondering if you shoul...

You are right, and Instinct is a very decent phone, simple to use and mostly intuitive. The Opera 4.2 browser is totally awesome, and it renders most of the webpages beautifully.

I have used a treo and BB pearl in the past, so I guess thats why I was having second thoughts about returning back to the smart-phone world, but I will stick with instinct now, its nice to have a fun phone for a change!

Patron

Yeah, we are all in front of computers all the time, I wa...

Yeah, we are all in front of computers all the time, I want my phone to keep me connected, but I don't need another computer in my hands...but I do like being able to get my mail, respond, check Facebook, Myspace etc from my Instinct, even if just out and about running errands...all the things I would do when I got back to my computer anyway! I travel a lot for work, but now I don't always have to bring a laptop, since I get work mail, can respond and access mostly everything else I would need a computer for.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat