cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voice Mail?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual Voice Mail?

Has Visual Voice Mail been fixed? I have not noticed any changes. If not, when are we expecting it to be fixed?

19 REPLIES 19
Patron

What was wrong with it? Mine seems to be working...I also...

What was wrong with it? Mine seems to be working...I also occasionally dial in to see if there are messages that did not show up in VVM...no issues.

Journeyman

Re: What was wrong with it? Mine seems to be working...I also...

I have yet to have a problem with Visual Voicemail

Journeyman

Re: What was wrong with it? Mine seems to be working...I also...

@dsciandra wrote:
What was wrong with it? Mine seems to be working...I also occasionally dial in to see if there are messages that did not show up in VVM...no issues.

Just curious, but if yours seems to be working, why do you occasionally dial in to see if there are messages that VVM does not display? Do you have any VMs sitting outside that VVM did not get? If so, how often? Also, if so, then wouldn't that indicate that there might be a problem with VVM? If not, then why bother checking?

I know I have had a lot of problems with VVM delays, so it's hard to trust VVM to be speedy and accurate. Other than the apparent and obvious VVM network problems on Sprint's end which the result is delays or VM being down entirely, the actual app has posed no problems for me as of yet. I can't blame the app or the phone on Sprint's network and equipment problems / failures.

Journeyman

I have had no problems with the app either. However, the...

I have had no problems with the app either. However, the system doesn't even work for me anymore! None of my messages are delivered to it. I used to get them and then I heard that the servers were overloaded and that the fix was going to be by Christmas. Is that still the plan? Why do some people's systems work and others like mine don't? That's a major plus to this phone. This should be a top priority of Sprint's: fix the existing services before merging with other companies to provide G4 networks, etc. If this is fixed, why isn't mine working?

Journeyman

Yep, just checked it. I had a message from an hour ago th...

Yep, just checked it. I had a message from an hour ago that did not even show up. The system is totally bypassed and goes to the old voicemail system. WIll? Sarah? Anyone know the answer?

Journeyman

Re: Yep, just checked it. I had a message from an hour ago th...

This seems or feels like it happens at least once or twice a week... seems almost to be normal and expected!

I just called my voicemail and sure enough, I had 2 I didn't even know about from Nov 27th. Messages stated that my phone kept going straight to voicemail and they had been trying to call me for over an hour. WTF? So not only were calls not going through, I was not getting the VVM it!

Patron

"Just curious, but if yours seems to be working, why...

"Just curious, but if yours seems to be working, why do you occasionally dial in to see if there are messages that VVM does not display? Do you have any VMs sitting outside that VVM did not get? If so, how often? Also, if so, then wouldn't that indicate that there might be a problem with VVM? If not, then why bother checking?" Because of this forum. I see people complaining about it, so to be safe I double check myself...but have had no issues personally.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint and they reset the p...

I just got off the phone with Sprint and they reset the phone. Worked for one voicemail, and now it is back to the old voicemail system. I'm getting tired of Sprint's B.S.! I think I'm going to switch to the iphone.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

Re: Visual Voice Mail?

No problems with my visual voice mail, checked manually and I have no VM out there that had not been delivered. The test VM I sent myself arrived within a minute. I had an issue about a month ago where my voice mail didn't work for a couple of hours (due to the server capacity issue) However, I've had no problems in the past month.

Journeyman

Re: Visual Voice Mail?

I've noticed my contacts go to vvm...but most any other number will direct to the old way...only time anything ever pops up when I dial my voicemail is when it isn't on my contact list....so far...and it looks like I just said the same thing....twice, lol....

Journeyman

i don't even get voicemail alerts from my real voicemail....

i don't even get voicemail alerts from my real voicemail. I have to check them randomly to see if any missed callers left a message. When i do get an alert, it's always visual voicemail and they message was left like an hour before. But what can u do? I just deal with it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat