Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice activated GPS?

Journeyman

Voice activated GPS?

Ok maybe I'm just naive, but I can not seem to find this so called "voice activated GPS". I see different commercials and ads advertising this. I have yet to find it. Are they talking about the call in feature on the address input screen? I've tried holdiong and pushing the speech to action button to no avail. Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Try using Live Search under Home - Web. It will ask you what you are looking for and prompt you to press the voice button while speaking your destination. Once you find what you are looking for, you can either use its maps or press the link in the upper right hand corner and it will pass the information directly into Sprint Navigation in drive-to mode.

Journeyman

And to get to Live Search without using the screen, first press the Voice Command button and say "Go To Search"

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-13-2008 03:02 PM

Journeyman

Thanks. I figured that is what they were talking about. Not really voice activated.

Journeyman

GusF has it right. Press the VC button and say, "Go to search". The search for something like "mall". Once you fnd the one you want, press it and the press the button that looks like a car. Voila.

Journeyman

I also like the call-in featue,-but it is annoying to have to reload the Nav program after you call in. Instead, I added "Sprint Navigation" to my contacts: 408-523-8776. Call in there first, then launch Nav.

Master

I did it with a business and I saved the results from recent searches to contactsbut the phonenumber is just (##)? Why did it not save the business phone number?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat