cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Questions

Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail Questions

Hello! I've been havingsome issues with my voicemail that aredriving me nuts and I need some help. Anytime I get a new voicemail, I get no alert or message that I have a new voicemail (I have a ringtone set for voicemails, but it flat-out doesn't ever go off). Someone will call, I'll get the missed call alert, and that's it...nothing else. I have to call my phone number to access my voicemail, and THEN it tells me I have messages. I'm hoping I just missed something.

My issues are:

1.) How can I receive alerts/messagesthat I have a new voicemail?

2.) The voicemail button in "Main" does not take me to my voicemail but rather a blank grey screen. Can this button somehowbe used to dial directly to my voicemail?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

1. your phone should alert you automatically to a new voicemail soon after you get one.

2. the instinct has Visual Voicemail, a handy feature that downloads the voicemails to your phone. When you receive one, the 'gray area' will have the phone number or name of the person who left the message. If you tap the name, the message will play without you having to dial anything. You can also rewind, pause, etc.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for explaining the visual voicemail, I wasn't really sure what that was. Unfortunately, I'm still receiving no alerts/messages, and when I click the voicemail button, it there are no entries on the grey screen. I've intentionally left voicemail on my cell (including after reading this post) using my land line, but nothing shows up on the voicemail screen. The voicemails definitely go though, though, because I can check them by dialing my cell number and accessing the voicemail system. Is it maybe because my voicemail is password protected?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats very strange. My best advice would be to call Sprint and report the problem, they should get you all set up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat