cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

Highlighted
Patron

Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

Every time I get a voicemail notification, it plays the ringtone that I've assigned to my text messages. I have a separate ringer assigned for voicemail but it always plays my text ringer. Is this a bug that will be fixed in the software update? Or can I fix it myself somehow? Thanks in advance!

23 REPLIES 23
Patron

Re: Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

Got the same thing again today. I have no idea how to fix this or if I even can...Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I the only one in this category?

Journeyman

NO you are not. Mine and my brothers do the same thing! V...

NO you are not. Mine and my brothers do the same thing! VERY irritating. Might be taking this phone back. Its the simple things that It doesn't do that bothers me

Journeyman

Check your settings. Go to Ringers. and Slide "Voice...

Check your settings. Go to Ringers. and Slide "Voice Notification" to OFF.

Patron

Re: Check your settings. Go to Ringers. and Slide "Voice...

^ What does this do? Does it turn all ringers off for my voicemail?

EDIT: I just checked anyway to try it out and it is already set to "OFF".

Message Edited by Jamesta on 07-18-2008 10:52 AM

Journeyman

Re: Check your settings. Go to Ringers. and Slide "Voice...

I think that is a glitch . Hopefully they will fix it in one of the Updates coming. I wish they would separate the Messages and alerts as well we will see.

Journeyman

After reading this post, I noticed I have the same issue....

After reading this post, I noticed I have the same issue. I guess this is a bug and hopefully it will be fixed when the update is released.

Journeyman

I was a little dissapointed to find out that I cant set v...

I was a little dissapointed to find out that I cant set voicemail to vibrate or silent, and still have the phone ring when i get a call. Am I missing something? It seems logical that under Voicemail Ringers there would be a "none"....

Journeyman

Re: I was a little dissapointed to find out that I cant set v...

Sprint has silent ringtones that you can download for free.

Journeyman

I have the same problem - my voicemail notification alway...

I have the same problem - my voicemail notification always uses the text messages ringer even though they are assigned different ringers. It's really annoying.

Journeyman

i have to agree. I mean first off, i didnt receive a voic...

i have to agree. I mean first off, i didnt receive a voicemail alert after the first week i got the phone and now i get a voicemail notification while i was at work the other day and my text message ringer comes on. I didnt check it since i was busy at work but when i got a chance i checked it, thinking it was a text from someone, and saw it was a voicemail. What if it was something really important and i didnt check it imediately because i didnt even know it was a voicemail. I really do hope this does get fixed in the next update.

Journeyman

Re: Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

this phone sucks!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat