cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

Journeyman

Re: Voicemail notification plays my Text Message ringtone

This was a known issue and has been fixed with the new software version that recently came out. 

The new S/W release can be downloaded by pressing the Home Key, then go to Settings/General/Update Software.  It will download the update and then ask you if you would like to install the s/w.  The s/w release states it’s for delta_SPH-M800_BE09, however, once completely downloaded and installed, it will be labeled BF30.  You can check the s/w version by going to Main/Settings/General/Phone Info.   During testing we occasionally received errors when attempting to download this update.  These appear to be temporary capacity related issues and were resolved by just waiting a moment and retrying the update.

Journeyman

mine is updated and still is not working.

Journeyman

When you check the software version, does it show BF30?

Journeyman

sure does..and when i get a voicemail the text alert comes on instead of what i saved as the tone for voicemail.

Highlighted
Patron

Mine is updated too and the error remains unfixed. Happened twice today. My calendar notification plays my text ringer as well.

Message Edited by Jamesta on 08-11-2008 07:44 PM

Journeyman

I have the latest software as well and mine is still play...

I have the latest software as well and mine is still playing the text message ringer when I have a voicemail. Very annoying!!!

Journeyman

Mine has BF30, but stills plays my text msg ringtone.

Journeyman

I have the BF30 update and still have the annoying issue...

I have the BF30 update and still have the annoying issue of playing the text ringer for voicemail. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Journeyman

mine is doing the exact same thing....really didnt notice...

mine is doing the exact same thing....really didnt notice it until I read this thread though...This is one thing I miss about my old phone(sanyo 7500)...hopefully sprint addresses this matter with one of the updates

Journeyman

My phone was doing this, took back to Sprint, they exchan...

My phone was doing this, took back to Sprint, they exchanged it since we thought it was defective. New phone was fine at first, then started doing it as well. I thought at first it might be due to using a downloaded ringtone for vm, even though I got it from Sprint. So, changed to a ringer that came with the phone, but vm still uses the text ringer. I have the update too per my phone info, please fix this!

Journeyman

My phone has been updated. I still have this problem. Whatever is my Msg ringtone, plays when I get a voicemail. I know there are bigger issues, but could someone take a look at the update that was put out. I've tried just about everything that I've read in these forums. Pull the battery, reset the phone, and also did a hard reset twice(I think that's what you call it).

Journeyman

Same issue.

It worked fine on my first Instinct, but when I had it replaced by Sprint because of the numerous other issues with it, my new Instinct does the same ringer for both voicemail and text. The new phone doesn't crash nearly as often or do the funky things the first phone does... but it deffinitely has a problem with voicemail and text ringers. Yes, I have the update! I'm somewhat obsessive on checking for updates

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat