Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL-PLEASE HELP WITH .23 REMOVAL

Highlighted
Patron

WILL-PLEASE HELP WITH .23 REMOVAL

Will, I am unable to remove the .23 NAV update. I've launched the NAV a dozen times, but am never prompted wth the upgrade back to .21. Any suggestions on what to do? I use the NAV daily, but, like so many others, it locks up the phone. Removing the battery reboots it, but I don't want to have to do that every time. Help?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WILL-PLEASE HELP WITH .23 REMOVAL

same here, im not prompted to downgrade back to the other version.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

The downgrade is not in place yet.  I'll post a sticky...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:
The downgrade is not in place yet. I'll post a sticky...

LOL

You know people it takes time to post a downgrade, test it, make sure everything is ready and working ....

Plus its software, and one never knows with software - you can't put a date on it, its simply impossible. Or at least that's what Sprint wants you to believe.

Just hold your horses, you'll get it when Sprint is good and ready !

You people always see the glass half empty.

Highlighted
Patron

@da braddah wrote:
Will, I am unable to remove the .23 NAV update. I've launched the NAV a dozen times, but am never prompted wth the upgrade back to .21. Any suggestions on what to do? I use the NAV daily, but, like so many others, it locks up the phone. Removing the battery reboots it, but I don't want to have to do that every time. Help?

Try pressing the back button to bring you back to the navigation home screen, from there you can exit the application. It's a temporary fix for right now, but this will prevent you from rebooting all the time. If that doesn't work, try to press the back button twice, this will promt you to a window to end you navigation session. Press yes and it will bring you back to your favorite menu. I hope this helps you out.

Highlighted
Patron

Aristo; thanks for the info. I discovered this temporary work around today. It'll do for now, I guess. I assumed from all the other posts that it was available to down load the 'down grade', if it takes some time, I'm OK with it.

Highlighted
Patron

No problem brah, just helping out a fellow Instinct user.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:
The downgrade is not in place yet. I'll post a sticky..

This just makes me laugh.. HELLO does anyone realize that he is saying that the DOWNGRADE we once already had is not available... They are not creating new software here its something they already have... This is ridiculous. Its Sprints way of saying they really dont care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@richardking28 wrote:

@wengla02 wrote:
The downgrade is not in place yet. I'll post a sticky..

This just makes me laugh.. HELLO does anyone realize that he is saying that the DOWNGRADE we once already had is not available... They are not creating new software here its something they already have... This is ridiculous. Its Sprints way of saying they really dont care.

No, Its their way of saying they have no clue.

What a bunch of i,,,s.

I am willing to bet that all the updates are done by third parties. Development team is a poor excuse for a testing department.

Apparently the phone will not download an older version, so they have to change a version on the old firmware. Except they probably have to go elsewhere to have it recompiled. Lets see - I say thats at least a week long process. After which we will have our phones at the starting line.

All ready for new promisses.

Message Edited by VR4 on 09-12-2008 11:32 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have become increasingly skeptical of Sprint's handling of the issues for this phone, but to their credit on this they did act fast. I have already gone back to the original version, so they got it back in just over 24 hours.

Now, that being said, why the obvious glitch wasn't caught before the update was made available in the first place is another question. *sigh*

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just downgraded a few hours ago.

I just downgraded a few hours ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the downgrade prompt 2 hours ago.

I just got the downgrade prompt 2 hours ago.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat