cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web browser - PDF and Flash

Highlighted
Journeyman

Web browser - PDF and Flash

Even if I can read PDF files attached to my emails, the web browser does not open PDF files as well as flash based sites.

is there any setting that I need to change?

Now, increasing number of sites are Flash based. If the web browser does not have that capability, can sprint upgrade the software to give that capability?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Web browser - PDF and Flash

Nope, it lacks the horsepower for flashlite. I would like to see PDF support for the browser. Opera won't let u save it, not sure about native browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The instinct will never have flash capability. Very few phones do.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

You won't see a solid implementation of Flash until late 2009 on new high-end phones.  No current phone supports Flash.  The Instinct will never support Flash.

You can view previous posts about Flash here:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/search?category_id=SamsungInstinct&submitted=true&q=flash

Viewing PDF files  from the browser isn't supported.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will - thanks for your response. i am wondering if sprint will develop the capability to view pdf files in browser in the near future.

i believe it will benefit a wide set of instinct users.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

No current phone supports Flash.

You are incorrect. I have flash installed on my Mogul. It works great, not all sites support looking for the mobile version of flash but it works none the less.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What makes it impossible for the lead phone to have flash?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@miketech_79 wrote:

@wengla02 wrote:

No current phone supports Flash.

You are incorrect. I have flash installed on my Mogul. It works great, not all sites support looking for the mobile version of flash but it works none the less.

I believe will was talking about full Flash. What you installed on your Mogul was Flash-lite, designed for cell phones. Will was actually refering to the fact that in mid to late 2009 (though we will see the initial models at CES this january probably)there will be phones that support the full flash experience. Also, while flash lite works on your mogul, the instinct, just to mention, doesnt have nearly the power to even run that... the youtube app is all instinct users have for now

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat