cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did this update do?

Journeyman

What did this update do?

My phone was not changed. Browser still crashes. What should I be looking for that is better now?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: What did this update do?

Will said by end of day there should be a fix list.

This was just phone bug fixes, he said in 2 weeks there will be another update with fixes for 3rd party applications (I assume browser, email, etc etc)

Journeyman

to late we paid alot for this phone and there sitting on...

to late we paid alot for this phone and there sitting on there asses taking there time come on sprint. whats the deal. iphone here i come

Journeyman

Re: to late we paid alot for this phone and there sitting on...

They are probably working as fast as they can. You dont want them to issue an update that causes more issues do you? Also when you talk about the money you spent stop and think of what you are going to spend on the iphone. I'm sure its frustrating for you. Exactly why I havent switched yet. It's usually best to wait it out a bit so any fixes can be made. That holds true for most new products, phones, automobiles, etc..

Journeyman

Phone priority

I tested the call priority while watching live tv...it seems as though calls are now coming through while watching live tv. Anyone else tested it?

Journeyman

My phone still goes straight to voicemail on tv, radio, a...

My phone still goes straight to voicemail on tv, radio, and web.

Journeyman

Re: to late we paid alot for this phone and there sitting on...

@bonemachine wrote:
They are probably working as fast as they can. You dont want them to issue an update that causes more issues do you? Also when you talk about the money you spent stop and think of what you are going to spend on the iphone. I'm sure its frustrating for you. Exactly why I havent switched yet. It's usually best to wait it out a bit so any fixes can be made. That holds true for most new products, phones, automobiles, etc..

Agreed. For a brand-new platform, I would assume Sprint was caught off guard with the issues they encountered. Considering this, the update got out very quickly. I'll be interested to see the list of issues they fixed and also what they expect to fix in the next update.

They may not publish that, but it sure would give me some comfort regarding buying the Instinct. I've been on the sidelines waiting to see what they end up doing here...

Journeyman

Re: My phone still goes straight to voicemail on tv, radio, a...

Perhaps I am not going to the same place where everyone has been having trouble then. This is what I did:

Fun menu: TV/Video: Live: CNN Mobile Live

Then i called my phone from a land line and it came through just fine.

Is this not really live TV?

Sprint Product Ambassador

The list of fixes is up:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=6715

Message Edited by wengla02 on 07-30-2008 05:34 PM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

First Instinct Update Released Today Sprint released an i...

First Instinct Update Released Today Sprint released an initial update to the Instinct today. This update will not change the behaviours of many of the applications. What it does is update the Samsung ROM - the base code that the applications run on - to prepare the device for application updates starting early in August. Some of the issues fixed include: Elimination of issues by where data services are disabled without user preferenceElimination of NAI corruption upon provisioning if new NAI is shorter than the previousReflect reoccurring calendar appointmentsImproved volume Bluetooth headsetsUtilize saved pictures as background imageReduce fluctuation in signal bar and other functions related to RF/Network qualityEliminate echo on conference bridge The application updates coming in August will make changes to Picture Mail, the web browser, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Email, Sprint Music Store, Visual Voicemail, Mobile Sync and more. Today's update prepares the device for these updates.

Journeyman

link says baw-message not found

link says baw-message not found

Sprint Product Ambassador

Fixed the link.  Should work now.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat