cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do we get when we search the BREW menu?? ANSWER INSIDE (T9 Predictive!)

Highlighted
Patron

What do we get when we search the BREW menu?? ANSWER INSIDE (T9 Predictive!)

Go to the phone dialer, type ##BREW#, it will ask for your MSL Code (Sprint Representative should give it to you, but there's a trick to get it. ), put your MSL code, it will get you to a crappy BREW menu.

I found interesting stuff:

Press the third one on the third row (SSTouchUX Sample), and a weird menu appears. What I found:

Predictive text is there, and T9 Texting is also wirtten there, however, it is NOT programmed (and note, DO NOT MESS WITH THIS, HIGH POTENTIAL TO DAMAGE/BRICK YOUR PHONE)

I also found that the phone WAS going to have a Horizontal menu. Touch the "A SEVERAL MENUS" option, and press any landscape tab, you'll get to see how the menu is on landscape mode. There are different versions.

Now, go back to the main BREW menu (either press back until you get to the gray screen again, or follow the first steps) and press the FIRST one on Row FOUR (sde_app). I found some interesting stuff:

An address: Starts with Starbucks, 1130 kiffer sunny... (can't see the rest), pressing Map or Share Address will lock the phone

An email: hassan@sprint.com

A phone: 858-651-5050

And a Web Site: Sprint.com

I Also found that the phone was going to have a FILE VIEWER APP. it is the FOURTH ICON on the THIRD ROW (Fileviewer_App). touch it, it will get to every folder on your memory card. You can even watch the pictures with their info, however, the Music Folder locks the phone.

On this FILEVIEWER APP, on the picture items, you can get the File Name, File Size, and the date it was taken. You can also delete the images.

So, there you have it, hidden stuff the phone was going to have originaly.

Enjoy.

Message Edited by NSpeed on 09-11-2008 08:29 PM

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Re: What do we get when we search the BREW menu?? ANSWER INSIDE (T9 Predictive!)

Journeyman

Re: What do we get when we search the BREW menu?? ANSWER INSIDE (T9 Predictive!)

cool stuff there, nice find

Journeyman

What is the trick to get the mls code?

Master

I have an app on my website that retrieves the mls code. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprintinstinct/

Journeyman

Which COM port should I select to get my MSL from that utility? I looked in my device manager and it doesn't look the driver is installed.

Master

I believe the usb driver should be on the cd. Or with the new sprint media manager download available here.. http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/phones/samsung_instinct.shtml. In device manager under ports there should be "samsung mobile modem diagnostic serial port (WDM)(com?)" mine is com5. I'll do a search for the usb drivers and post them on my site. When you open unlocker goto setup, choose port, back to main and ths mls is under security, Sec. code (SPC):

Master

MP715, Have ya had any luck getting it yet?

Journeyman

The file viewer app makes sense since there is a fileviewer folder in mmc1 that has all the icons for folders, word, excel, jpg, etc.

Also in that same folder are about a dozen different smilies for an IM app - so if you search further in the BREW menus can you find an IM app?

Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:
MP715, Have ya had any luck getting it yet?
Actually no, i downloaded and instaled the media manager thing but when i connected the usb cable, no drivers were installed. only the mass storage driver. do i have to enable anything?

Master

Hey you wanna take this to my website, I think this is off topic for this thread. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprintinstinct/

Journeyman

I think think the file viewer is already on the instinct. Go to email and click on the icon of you mail service mine is (AIM) then it will have AIM Mail, Find Contacts, And Browse Filesclicking on browse files lets you veiw all files on your phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat