cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What features of Visual Voicemail do you use?

Journeyman

What features of Visual Voicemail do you use?

Hi! Core Mobility developed the visual voicemail software on the Instinct. We would love to hear from you on how you use the features and what you like and dislike. Below is a link for a short survey including space to add you own comments. Thank you. http://www.questionpro.com/akira/gateway/1043516-24431844-0

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: What features of Visual Voicemail do you use?

I can tell you one thing. All my voicemail does not go to visual voicemail. Many times people have told me that they had left messages and I had to check my voicemail manually to hear them.

Journeyman

I often call forward my work phoen to my cell, so when I get a voice mail with someone leaving their contact info, the slider bar is awesome to replay just certain parts of a message to copy down a phone number or email address. I also love being able to Ignore someone and then going back and picking that person's voice mail.

It's probably one of my favorite features of the Instinct.

Journeyman aed
Journeyman

The forward/rewind slider is certainly very useful, especially on a long message. The big bright green touch key for callback number is also very useful. And when perusing a long list of messages, the right arrow touch key sure helpinshowing me more info before listening to the message giving me the chance to prioritize which ones to listen to first.

Journeyman

i like the "basic" features which aed mentioned. i read somewhere that this phone was advertised with the capability to record voice notes. well. since for some odd reason that feature is off, the VVM can be used as such. once u r on VM, click the "" and select "manual entry" and type ur #. this will let u record a message that you will receive and later on listen to it to remind u of (example i really use often) grocery list. another favorite thing i like to do with VVM is click on the "" and send to (it seems) unlimited combination of contact and/or email addresses. what this means is that you can send the same recording to as many contacts and/or email addresses. i call this a "Mass Voice Message." i've sent one message to up to 67 people. that's why i said it seems u can send to possibly an unlimited #. while i am sure there is a limit...it's way more than the # of contacts/addresses u can send in one text(10) and pic/video mail(25) since i don't have many minutes, having the ability to send anyone anywhere a voice message it's neat. best thing, u don't need to talk to them if u don't want to, people can reply from message and u get it as VVM. they use their minutes you don't

Journeyman

I would like for the contact pictures that were supposed to be fixed in the last update to work in VV.

Highlighted
Journeyman aed
Journeyman

I meant to give you lots of kudos but it looks as though the system only allows one.

I thought being able to read my WORD school notes using Instinct /Google Docs/Igoogle was hot, your idea is even hotter.

I didn't realize Instinct has this feature until I answered the Core Mobility survey. But the feature only made sense to me after reading your post. I also remembered reading an article in the New York Times (August 2, 2008, "Don't Want to Talk About It? Order a Missed Call") about SLYDIAL which is a similar app.

One thing I missed from my first Samsung/Sprint phone (VGA1000/SPHa620) was the voice recorder. And the way I've done it so far with my Instinct is using the 2-min vidcam to record myself. Just like you, I like to record product specs/item price when I'm at the store.

My question to you is: Is your "mass voice message" manually done one at a time to 67 recipients? I tried to broadcast a voice mail to more than one person but I didn't see any option for a broadcast.

Journeyman

vb29sh wrote:
I can tell you one thing. All my voicemail does not go to visual voicemail. Many times people have told me that they had left messages and I had to check my voicemail manually to hear them.

ditto. about 25% of my messages dont go to VVM. it's so frustrating to have to manually check.

this is weird too...i'll delete a msg from VVM, but the msg wont actually delete. sure it no longer appears in the VVM menu, but when i check messages manually (sometimes days later) the msg is still there.

Journeyman

hey thx aed. yeah the only thing i wish it would have wit...

hey thx aed. yeah the only thing i wish it would have with these "mass" ...either text, voice, pic and video ... the ability to choose many contacts at once. it took me a very long time to manually select each contact, but it beats sending the same message individually. if we had a way to sort contacts by groups, this would certainly help.

Journeyman

Excellent! Nice to see the 3rd party devs showing more interest in what's going on than Sprint.