ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum amount of music you can have?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is the maximum amount of music you can have?

After struggling with issues from the Media Manager, I gave up and just transfered files the old fashioned way. After placing the SD card back in my phone, and going into the Music Player, it told me that I had exceeded the maximum number of songs.

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

I too have reached the maximum number of songs error. I b...

I too have reached the maximum number of songs error. I bought a 4 GB SD card from the Sprint Store, had them install the chip, put all my music on it, and every time I go into the Music app, it wants to re-load all the music on to the phone. It inevitably times out and gives me the error, exits the app, and starts over. I can't imagine there is a MAX number of songs, because they advertised that you can even expand to an 8GB memory card. Anyone else having this problem or know what to do?

Journeyman

Re: What is the maximum amount of music you can have?

Tonight I decided to burn my cd's and transfer the music to my phone, I figured about a hundred songs to start would be good. I started with 109, and got the error of too many songs. So far I have cut it down to 99 and still get the error. I guess I could keep reducing the number till it works, but I am going to go to bed instead. Whatever the number ends up being, it is WAY too low.

Journeyman

I have an update on my situation above....I have successf...

I have an update on my situation above....I have successfully loaded a full 4 GB of music on the phone....it takes forever, but I don't get the MAX song error anymore. Here was my theory....the phone does not like .WMA files from windows media player. I only loaded MP3's and MP4's on the phone and I think that's what avoided the error. So take a look in Media Manager, scroll to the right, and check out the file type. Delete anything with .WMA extention and I think you'll be good. Let me know if that solves your problem too!

Journeyman

Re: I have an update on my situation above....I have successf...

Ok, that makes sense. I reduced it to 1 song and it still didnt like it. But here is my issue, I ripped the CD's =IN= the sprint program and it created wma files that the phone will not import properly. It did import 4 songs (somehow, i cannot repeat it), in the wma format and plays them fine.

Update: You can set the media manager to rip CDs in MP3 format under options.

Message Edited by RacerNine on 06-26-2008 09:49 AM
Message Edited by RacerNine on 06-30-2008 08:20 AM

Journeyman

ive got over 90songs on my phone, mixture os mp3 and wma....

ive got over 90songs on my phone, mixture os mp3 and wma. but what i did was this, i downloaded a audio n video convertor, Xilisoft, drag and drop all your songs into that and then rencode them to whatever file your want. for some reason it does reencode wma back to wma but without the error. or to mp3 without the error, then i transferred them back onto my phone, error now gone:-) you do have to purchase this convertor, but i think its a steal for the price for what it does, you can even convert windows files into 3gpp and then save them to your phone:-)

Journeyman

Re: I have an update on my situation above....I have successf...

Wow... kudos to you for the discovery. I had just one .wma file amidst 228 songs and deleting it did the trick. Thanks so much and we need to get the word out!

Journeyman

After experiencing many issues with the media manager pro...

After experiencing many issues with the media manager program, I also received the same maximum song error message. I received the error after loading over 3 GB of music (800+ songs) manually onto an 8 GB memory card. After removing the card I searched all of the songs and did not find any .wma files, so I restarted the phone and was successfully able to load the music.

Journeyman

i have a mac, i have not been able to load any songs. ive...

i have a mac, i have not been able to load any songs. ive tried via blue tooth, ive tried to transfer straight through the usb cord and ive even tried removing the micro card and placing it in my usb card... nothings working... any suggestions

Journeyman

Re: i have a mac, i have not been able to load any songs. ive...

@mikeyt wrote:
i have a mac, i have not been able to load any songs. ive tried via blue tooth, ive tried to transfer straight through the usb cord and ive even tried removing the micro card and placing it in my usb card... nothings working... any suggestions

I've been using a card reader to upload my songs from my Mac. It works just fine. I remove the card, put it in the adapter and the card reader. Then I upload the songs to the Music folder in the Instinct.

Journeyman

Re: ive got over 90songs on my phone, mixture os mp3 and wma....

I am glad to find some input on what typ try to remedy this. I was suspecting that it was not really that max number of songs was exceeded as I had about 200 only and that seemed way to low if the phone accepts mem cards up to 8 gb. I am not sure it specifically pertains to being wma format as it had been playing some just fine. It just suddenly stopped working after adding about 30 additional songs. However, even after I reduced the number to the 200 song threshold I had previously accessed previously it still did not work...so at least this gives me some ideas to try...hopefully it works for me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat