cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper format for a Contact's address?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is the proper format for a Contact's address?

When adding an address to my contacts there is a particular format that the Instince wants you to use. I have tried to follow their format but still cannot get it to accept the address without giving me an Invalid Address Format error. I have tried entering in the address every possible way I can think of with no luck. Has anyone gotten this to work properly? If so, please share the trick.

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What is the proper format for a Contact's address?

I've been entering addresses as it says to and I haven't had any problems. Just really have to make sure you put it exactly how they want. What would be an example of an address not working?

Highlighted
Journeyman

im having the same problem as shonn - and i've verified multiple times that i am entering the addresses in the properly requested format.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that when the city is more than one word, it gets messed up unless I end te first line with a period.

For example this works:

9999 Alpha Dr.

Omega Heights, OH 45424

But this would not:

9999 Alpha Dr

Omega Heights, OH 45424

I've entered a period at the end of all my first lines and my addresses are accepted by the GPS.

If there is a different solution, I would like to know of one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's too restrictive, sticking to itsshort-sighted requirement that you have a street designation like Rd., St., Bl., etc., at the end of the address. Not all addresses are like that.

Such as: 1130 County Rd N, etc. It just wont take it, even though that's the address.

Not every address is like 123 Main St.

Meh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the most common error is to make sure BOTH LETTERS OF THE...

the most common error is to make sure BOTH LETTERS OF THE STATE is in capital letters

Highlighted
Journeyman

I found my problem. I was using an address like this: 123...

I found my problem. I was using an address like this: 1234 N. Haven Dr. (Enter) Austin, TX 78750. My problem was abreviating North with (N.). Once I spelled out North, the address took and I can now view the map and get nav direction to the location. However, c4400's post makes a good point. Not all address follow a standard format and it sucks that it wont take it. Sprint needs to get this fixed ASAP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

make sure there are no periods or coma's and state is cap...

make sure there are no periods or coma's and state is caps with 2 letters and ST. is spelled out and DR. is spelled out RD is spelled out and it works i just figured it out. Try it and see if it works for you... also if it's an apt make sure you only use the address and NOT the apt # or suite #. good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Capitalize the two letter state. OMG! It took me forever...

Capitalize the two letter state. OMG! It took me forever to get that figured out. Has something to do with the the way the navigation works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, it won't work if there are 2 spaces between the sta...

Also, it won't work if there are 2 spaces between the state and zip... ugh!!!

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Also, it won't work if there are 2 spaces between the sta...

The two spaces thing bit me - I'm oldschool and learned to type on a typewriter - if you didn't put two spaces in there, you'd get a big fat redmark on your paper. 

I'm filing this one in 'things that should have been documented', and adding it to the (in progress) FAQ.

Thanks,

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Also, it won't work if there are 2 spaces between the sta...

I'm filing this one in 'things that should have been documented', and adding it to the (in progress) FAQ.

Thanks,

Will

-

I would certainly love to see the FAQ, even if its in progress. Since you know: things like that are never truly finished, and something useful now would not be a bad thing.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat