cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect a Software Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

When can we expect a Software Update

I miss having different message tones along with different ringtones for different callers. I got used to using customized msg tones on my Rumour - nice phone but shuts off for no reason sometimes for some after 3 months - I am very happy with the solid feel of the Instinct. I am VERY much looking forward to an update to address issues with this phone. Things that all other sprint phones do rather easily like AIM and Yahoo Messaging, Faster Web access, emoticons in messaging and other obvious things that should not have been such a big deal to work into this phone. There is no reason to stay on Sprint except for the network. We have a good network. Decent plans. Now we want the 1 phone. -not a bunch of phones that each one does a few things right. Right now this one is not using the network or even its own possible features as well as it should. And Thanks pesantiago for the comment about where to put the stylus - in the leather holder in stylus pocket.

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: When can we expect a Software Update

@scottk wrote:
the point is you should not have to find work arounds... it should work out of the box.. you don't get a reminder on your phone it you add the appt on google so if you dont' check your calendar.... you screwed. There are going to be a lot of returns if they don't fix it within 30 days.... you got to sit back and think about the people that tested this.... what did they use it for? Did they not know the issues it had? To me it is a toy right now.... it would work for a child but not somenoe out in the corp world.

You are exactly right scottk! The phone is just a toy! It is not made forthose in the corp. world! It is a phone for entertainment purposes only. It sucks, but that's the way it is! Take it for what it's worth. You need a PDA smartphone? This is not the one for you and I don't think Sprint is going to magically turn it into a PDA/smartphone....

Journeyman

I too love the phone, however I am waiting on some key up...

I too love the phone, however I am waiting on some key updates that will make this phone awesome. For those of us who bought the other plex cover we have no where to put the stylus. This is the first phone I have had to read the book.

Journeyman

@fun22 wrote:
I miss having different message tones along with different ringtones for different callers.

I wonder what's preventing you from customizing that. I have my closest friends with mp3's as ringtones in fact. Also added their photo to the contact list.

Journeyman

To Egidio - I miss different message tones. I already hav...

To Egidio - I miss different message tones. I already have different ringtones. I downloaded my ringtones into my instinct as soon as I got it home. On my old Sprint phone I had a different message tones for people as well so that when I was getting text messages I knew who it was. I don't know about you but I get a LOT more text messages than I do phone calls on my phone.

Journeyman

I have to admit I too was very excited when I saw what th...

I have to admit I too was very excited when I saw what this phone SHOULD be able to do. However, now I am a bit disappointed. I am actually considering going back to my treo. The internet is slower, you can't customize it nearly as much as you can the treo, I can't seem to download items that it says I should be able to download, emoticons are gone....I know some of this is cosmetic. However, I liked the treo's ability to be fun and functional for work. I thought this might be a step up, but it seems to be a few steps down.

Journeyman

Re: I have to admit I too was very excited when I saw what th...

@dreamgirl2b wrote:
I have to admit I too was very excited when I saw what this phone SHOULD be able to do. However, now I am a bit disappointed. I am actually considering going back to my treo. The internet is slower, you can't customize it nearly as much as you can the treo, I can't seem to download items that it says I should be able to download, emoticons are gone....I know some of this is cosmetic. However, I liked the treo's ability to be fun and functional for work. I thought this might be a step up, but it seems to be a few steps down.

I had the exact same thoughts as you stated above. Then I realized this phone has been out only a week. I remember when I got my first Treo (the 600), there were not many apps around. Slowly things improved. The potentials for the Instinct are awesome. More apps and updates should be coming out in the near future. Having a phone half as thin as a Treo makes a big difference for me. True, the Instinct is no PDA, but I'm finding new ways to have PDA-like features. The calendar, for example, is the thing I miss the most. So, I've been using Google Calendar. A positive sign of that change is that I no longer need to sync me device. If I enter anything in Google Calendar, ti's everywhere I access it without even having to push a button.

Journeyman

the point is you should not have to find work arounds... it should work out of the box.. you don't get a reminder on your phone it you add the appt on google so if you dont' check your calendar.... you screwed. There are going to be a lot of returns if they don't fix it within 30 days.... you got to sit back and think about the people that tested this.... what did they use it for? Did they not know the issues it had? To me it is a toy right now.... it would work for a child but not somenoe out in the corp world.

Journeyman

It seems it could have been and still could be turned int...

It seems it could have been and still could be turned into a pretty decent PDA/Smartphone.... also, take note where it shows up on the Sprint site when you shop for phones.... under PDA/Smartphone So when is Sprint going to officially respond to this question? When will there be an update? What will you be trying to fix in that upgrade? Alon

Journeyman

hopefully a update will come out soon as for me I have th...

hopefully a update will come out soon as for me I have the phone for 3 days aprox and its working really fine it has some "bugs" but is ok I personalize all my contacts with some mp3 ringtones from a website I found and the only thing is that it would let me hear each individual ringtone when receiving a txt msg it just sound the regular one that I put... other thing is that the phone like someone said at the moment is just for entreteinment not for work....

Journeyman

Can you post the link to that website? Thanks.

Can you post the link to that website? Thanks.

Journeyman

I miss having my text messages sent as priority...my old...

I miss having my text messages sent as priority...my old samsung allowed me to in my settings but no luck with the instinct. and like you said there's no emotions...where's my smilies and angry faces? I need emotion to add to my text since words dont always cut it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat