ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect a Software Update

Journeyman

First of all I really like this phone a lot! Back in the...

First of all I really like this phone a lot! Back in the day I had a Samsung I300 and Samsung has really progressed with the Instinct or M800. Yes the phone is not perfect but when you "step back from the tree to see the forest," This small platform has a lot of horsepower in a very small package. Usually it takes time to gather a list of all the tech issues and then the needs are prioritized. But I would guess it would not be until sometime in mid July.

Journeyman

PHONEZOO.COM IS a great site for adding your ouwn rington...

PHONEZOO.COM IS a great site for adding your ouwn ringtones. FREE FREE!!

Journeyman

Re: When can we expect a Software Update

I hope we see an update soon, but don't want them to rush it. I'd rather wait and get a great update, then for them to rush one and it be crappy and very buggy.

Journeyman

A software updat will be available on the 30th of June

A software updat will be available on the 30th of June

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know what this June 30th Update will be Updat...

Does anyone know what this June 30th Update will be Updating? 6/30/08 4:20 PM Eastern Time, still no update.

Journeyman

Re: Does anyone know what this June 30th Update will be Updat...

Yep starting to look like no update to for the phone. On one site a person said from their understanding it was an internalupdate for Sprint to help with problems with the phoneon their side, not a software update for our phones. I'm sure we'll be seeing a software update soon enough, but again I'd rather them fix problems then to rush it and cause more.

Journeyman

Someone stated on here that when they got their Treo 600 there were updates to the phone.

So I have a question....is it common that if we have our INSTINCT now that we would get software upgrades all throughout the year that will improve it. Or would they only fix bugs and we would need to purchase the NEW VERSION of instinct when it comes out.

I am trying to makea decision before my 30 days is up.

The biggest thing right now is the pop email does not work with road runner (tx.rr.com)

Also someone stated that the calendar didn't work like a PDA, isn't the phone supposed to be a PDA and sync with Outlook on my pc.

Journeyman

My current device is the Touch. Thikning of gettting the Instinct. I also have Roadrunner and am able to check and receive my email just fine. The incoming server information is configured as you would configure outlook but the outgoing has to go through smtp.sprintpcs.com with your sprintpcs login and p-word. From what I've been told by Roadrunner the work around is necessary because they dont allow access to their smtp server from outside of their network.

Journeyman

this phone is not a pda it is a multi media device if you...

this phone is not a pda it is a multi media device if you bought this phone expecting a pda you were misled.in the sprint corporate store the sales team were told to make sure people were aware it is not a pda.

Not applicable

Yea an update would be great. Mabye to help the web brows...

Yea an update would be great. Mabye to help the web browser better.

Journeyman

Re: hopefully a update will come out soon as for me I have th...

Sprint will push an update to the phone to fix known bugs in July.

Journeyman

I love this phone i just got it on monday the 30th of June. The only problem i have with it is the browser and the time it takes to get video mail and email updates. I had checked online on my desktop for email and i had new email but was not showing up on phone yet even with refresh had to hit refresh couple of times than finally popped up just minor bugs though overall a solid phone worth every penny!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat