cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Sprint intend to address the SMTP email issues

Journeyman

When does Sprint intend to address the SMTP email issues

I spend the better part of an hour on the chat and phone with Sprint today trying to address the well documented email issues. From all the forum posts I've read - this issue dates back to the initial release of the Instinct yet nothing is being done to address a fundamental flaw. I understand that many people wish the Instinct could have apps, IM, etc... but email is an existing function of the phone that does not work. I'm talking about "Other POP" and "Other IMAP" accounts. Sending email through smtp.sprintpcs.com may "appear" as if its sent from my personal domain, but the headers reveal otherwise - and this could cause serious issues with emails getting blacklisted on servers from apparent spoof'd headers. last week, my treo 650P was sending emials just fine. My new Instinct doesn't. Thats a serious issue. dammit.

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: When does Sprint intend to address the SMTP email issues

When sending emails from my phone it does not mention that it's coming from my sprint email address. When I had the HTC Touch and sent email from the same account using the phone it would say that it was sent from my Sprint PCS email address. No problems at all with my Instinct. I love it.

Journeyman

Make Sure That You're Not Being Blocked by a Firewall If...

Make Sure That You're Not Being Blocked by a Firewall If you or a network administrator has a firewall blocking email traffic on port 25,110, 465, or 587, you may not be able to send or rec. email. So I try a different port. MY BET IS A FIRE WALL! Not the Instinct OS. Also have you tried the SMTP auth OFF?

Journeyman

Re-read my original complaint. Sending through smtp.sprin...

Re-read my original complaint. Sending through smtp.sprintpncs.com will have the emails headers which reflect as much. My Treo 650P sent email through my domain's SMTP server no problem. The Instinct should as well. Period.

Journeyman

My domain host requires SMTP authentication. But I have t...

My domain host requires SMTP authentication. But I have tried turning it off with the same result.

This brings me back to me original point - my previous phone (Treo650p) was able to connect to my mail server with no problems. And any firewall issues would be on Sprints network - not my domain providers.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: When does Sprint intend to address the SMTP email issues

Sorry.  The instinct will not support SMTP servers that are different from your POP server.

If your POP / IMAP account info is the same as your SMTP authentication, it should work.

Can you provide some more details about how you had your Treo set up, and what you are trying to do on the Instinct?

Thanks,

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not been able to set up my sprintpcs mail on my in...

I have not been able to set up my sprintpcs mail on my instinct is there a way I can at least check online?

Journeyman

@wengla02 Incoming: mail.[mydomainname].net port: 110 Ou...

@wengla02

Incoming: mail.[mydomainname].net port: 110
Outgoing: mail.[mydomainname].net port: 25
SMTP auth is on, as required by my domain host.

That's It. Nothing fancy, plain and simple. It continues to be "Unable to connect...(S7122)" Are there specific settings for the Account name that ned to be used?

Journeyman

Re: My domain host requires SMTP authentication. But I have t...

Re-read my original complaint. Sending through smtp.sprintpncs.com will have the emails headers which reflect as much. My Treo 650P sent email through my domain's SMTP server no problem. The Instinct should as well. Period. Re-read my last post. When I send an email from my phone using the Sprint SMTP it does NOT show it is being sent from my Sprint email address. Give me your email address and I'll send you an email from my phone. . . . Nowhere will it have sprintpcs.com.

Journeyman

fatnutz@gmail.com

fatnutz@gmail.com

Journeyman

Re: fatnutz@gmail.com

Just sent.

Journeyman

Doing still more research into this annoying email send e...

Doing still more research into this annoying email send error i found this page:

http://www.davedonovan.org/index.php/2008/samsung-instinct-email-error-s7112/

It appears that having any non-alphanumeric characters in your login name is causing the issue?

Has anyone heard this from either Sprint support or Samsung?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat