cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When reading email on the Instinct can attachments be viewed?

When reading email on the Instinct can attachments be viewed?

Pictures, video & music can be sent and received by the Instinct.  Word files can be read via the Notepad application.  Other files (excel, pdf...) can be received (not viewed) and saved to the MicroSD card for viewing with another device(PC)

Message Edited by InstinctAdmin on 06-23-2008 02:40 PM

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When reading email on the Instinct can attachments be viewed?

And how can we get to those files at a later date? For instance, a txt file is saved on the card. How do I get to it later?

Highlighted
Journeyman

the only way i found to do this is if i take the card out...

the only way i found to do this is if i take the card out and put a file into attachments folder that way email apps is able to see that something is there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i use my hotmail and yahoo and gmail and sprint mail just...

i use my hotmail and yahoo and gmail and sprint mail just fine, when there is an attachment, choose the disk icon to save, problem is when you go to attach it later to a different email its not there, so heres what i did to fix this, take out your memory card, install on pc and use explorer to open it, make some new folders on the card, then when you do download to save next time, you will get a choice as to where you want to save the file, and the file will then be visable aswell in fun section photos its works really good for me that way, ive got several folders done that way, called, videos, camera, saved, ringtones, private etc etc and all are visable that way to send email from any of your email clients you have put into pop3

Highlighted
Patron

My computer won't read my SD card for some reason. I read...

My computer won't read my SD card for some reason. I reads every other SD card that I have but it won't read this one. Should I go to the Sprint store and ask for a new one? Maybe something is wrong with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My computer won't read my SD card for some reason. I read...

You should also be able to Use the Phone as a Reader devise on your PC.

This way you can leave your card in the Phone and still get the info to your PC just go to Open Folders when you hook it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

make sure your adapter for the minicard is good, ive gott...

make sure your adapter for the minicard is good, ive gotten bad ones in the past where they slide into the connections are bad sometimes, try a diff adapter if you have one

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can this phone use third party software? If so, where cou...

Can this phone use third party software? If so, where could I find a PDF, XLS, and/or DOC viewer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I contacted Dataviz about a version of Documents To Go fo...

I contacted Dataviz about a version of Documents To Go for the Instinct and got this response: Quote: At this time the Samsung Instinct is a device that we not support. Your best option at this time would be to submit a feature/platform request via our website. http://www.dataviz.com/eforms/feedback/feedback_form.html We do track our customer requests and would gladly add your feedback to the requested feature list. This list gets reviewed on a regular basis and helps us determine what kinds of enhancements are necessary to add to the product in the future. Quote Everyone who wants to be able to view PDFs and Docs should contact them!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat