cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the APPS?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where are the APPS?????

The contest is over and not even screenshots/videos of what to look foward to. This whole "Iphone Killer" is really getting on my nerves.

Andy

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

@andyf wrote:

The contest is over and not even screenshots/videos of what to look foward to. This whole "Iphone Killer" is really getting on my nerves.

Andy

Are you really that anxious to pay Sprint monthly for apps on this phone? Who cares about the contest and those apps that Sprint will be charging for. . . It's the keyboard that you should be anxious about so you can get free apps. I really hope there is not a lot of people that will pay for these apps after Sprint made everyone wait so long.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@chadaccount wrote:

@andyf wrote:

Andy

Are you really that anxious to pay Sprint monthly for apps on this phone? Who cares about the contest and those apps that Sprint will be charging for. . . It's the keyboard that you should be anxious about so you can get free apps. I really hope there is not a lot of people that will pay for these apps after Sprint made everyone wait so long.

I am with you both of you. Yes I want too see what apps where good/bad, at the sametime I refuse to pay a monthly fee for the use of them. This phone has me to the point of not wanting to pay my cell phone bill, LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am so ready for this keyboard update but you can bet your life that I am not paying sprint for any apps after what they pulled. Maybe if it's something I can't live without?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I pay ENOUGH for my phone bill! I simply refuse to buy an app and pay for a monthly subscription. I purchased this phone because the salesman told me it was java compliant and had full web! Sprint had to release something to combat the Iphone and fast. The Instinct was it. They rushed this product to the point to where it just barely works. I like the phone. Don't get me wrong. It's a great phone....but it's just a phone! My sanyo MM8400 has more features (alot more) and hell, I even put opera mini 4.1 on it and it works flawlessly! My wife can enjoy FULL WEB capabilities on a 2 year old phone and my brand new Instinct can't? All in all, this phone IS NOT what they advertised and I'm not paying sprint another dime to support it. Period!

Highlighted
Patron

I've asked this before and never got a reply. Where do you get those free apps for a pure touchscreen mobile device? Most of the places I've seen like getjar.com and sharejar.com have Java apps, but most need a physical d-pad to operate properly. I'm also concerned about the ability of these free IM and caledar apps, just because these programs can't run in the back ground of our Instinct. Just like any of the game or applications, once you leave the app it will exit the program.

Highlighted

Watch, Sprint will make us pay for the LWUIT keyboard update...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@offroadn_redneck wrote:
Watch, Sprint will make us pay for the LWUIT keyboard update...

If I have to pay for the keyboard, I am driving up to my area corporate office (Appleton WI) and I am going to THROW the phone at the first rep I see...lol.. jk.. its not their fault.. but the thought would soothe some long supressed anger issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did anyone even submit anything to the contest? Sure that big money check would be nice, but who really cares about that membership to sprint's developer circle?

I can't imagine that there was a lot of submited apps for the Instink. Everyone was too busy coding apps for the iPhone to worry about Sprint's little widget library of non-compliant crap code. Maybe the reason we haven't seen any apps is because there are none.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat